Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I went off the idea of Carbon, I sold my bonnet that I waited ages for and had summit else done.

A proper WRC vent which is all handmade! The surround of the vents are made from aluminium (a b*g**r to cut neatly, but turned out perfect!) and they were then sprayed in Matt black to match the upper grille. This looks better than having it colour coded I think.

Then screwing the mesh on the underside making it easier to detach if the bonnet needs spraying. I also made a perspex runners, but the 1 on the pic below was just the tester, there's a better 1 there now!

Also my custom made dials from the states, they have dimable lights and u can have then swith from a green to blue light (notice the Welsh Dragon logo)

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Dude, I love your gauges!

·
Banned
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oooooooo.k. so is that good feed back Fino!? lol

That lad, think that would look nice on ur RS! hehehe!!! lol

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
its always raining there isnt it?

i dont like the underside of the hood.. no show quality at all.. try trimming it up..

but all in all looks great.. and yes your gauges are bad ass!

·
Banned
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't slag the underside off Focuzsport, I still need to clean it wit some polish and take pics of the final perspex product. The digicam does not show the quality of the mesh and the way it's put on, they never do. Just wait till u critisize matey!

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
you have any pics in daylight?

it looks pretty cool, but you cant see much.

·
Registered
816 Posts
It looks great man [thumb] [thumb] .

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
COCHYN said:
Don't slag the underside off Focuzsport, I still need to clean it wit some polish and take pics of the final perspex product. The digicam does not show the quality of the mesh and the way it's put on, they never do. Just wait till u critisize matey!
im sorry.. i dont understand what you just said..

also im sorry i dont like how the mesh was put in.. it looks sloppy.. my invader mesh is well hidden on the back side. im just giving my honest opinion. i still think its looks bad ass.. but just that one small minor detail, that is all.[thumb]

edit: another thing i dont like about that hood is on the other side the way the vent was cut in. why isnt it smoothed? i dont like how they put just that piece on there like that.. you know what im talking about? i see the same hood on supras, some what, and its all smooth. thats all. but i do like the hood as a whole.. looks good on a focus.

im not trying to be mean, just giving my honest opinion. i hope it didnt cost much.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
mesh would better if it were black...........umm.......fucus is ok but type R?!?!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Crap, I didn't even notice that!![???:)] [???:)]

·
Banned
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The reason I didn't get it smoothed is because this is REAL WRC vent, not the cheap crap used wit Filler where eventually it will crack! This does look better and very tidy in real life.
The aluminium used as the surround blends in wit the shape of the bonnet, so if curves perfect! This is far from sloppy m8, just u wait and see!

I'll clean it up a bit and take another pic, then u can notice the good quality!

·
Banned
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The mesh won't look better in black coz it won't match the WRC bumper grilles then! Plus, the actual WRC vent has it in silver too!

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
COCHYN said:
The reason I didn't get it smoothed is because this is REAL WRC vent, not the cheap crap used wit Filler where eventually it will crack! This does look better and very tidy in real life.
The aluminium used as the surround blends in wit the shape of the bonnet, so if curves perfect! This is far from sloppy m8, just u wait and see!

I'll clean it up a bit and take another pic, then u can notice the good quality!
ok cool.. yeah some times pictures dont do justice.

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
i personally like the silver mesh. i think it creates a nice contrast between the hood and the vent. looks good, IMO

1 - 20 of 30 Posts