Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day All. I've been researching replacing my 2001 ZX3 front bumper with the ZVT bumper. I found this web site that sells the parts....new....painted to match your car color.
http://www.paintedautomotiveparts.c...arts.html?Year=2004&Make=FORD+CAR&Model=FOCUS
Seems like a really good deal for correct color NEW parts. Has anyone purchase from here before. If so, what is your review / recommendations about the site??

·
Registered
620 Posts
I'd also be interested if anybody has bought from them. The prices seem almost too good to be true. [scratch]

·
Registered
658 Posts
I havent dealt with them, but it is pretty interesting that they sell a painted SVT front bumper for $221.

·
Trump 2016
12,990 Posts
well i checked it out and it seems not to come with fogs so figure factory go for like 70 and no lower grill not sure of price but lets say 70 as far as paint not sure but yes thats a steal

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very interesting. I need to replace my bumper due to a dear strike and this seems like the most cost effective option. Add in the upper & lower grille approx. $50.00, some fog lights at $40.00 and for approx. $300.00 you have a new front end. Pretty cool stuff????

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JFrye.....in the modifications to your 2000 ZX3 you list it as an automatic trans with 3.90 gears. Is that stock or did you change you ratio???

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To good to be true is what is nagging me??? I need a new front bumper & hood due to a dear strike a few days back. This would allow me to upgrade to the SVT front end. I've been pricing the parts.....the bumper, upper & lower grille, new fogs = complete front end for approx. $300.00. That is a steal. I'm just wondering about the quality???

·
Registered
658 Posts
I have done nothing with the transmission. I got a used one, ran the numbers off of it, and thats the information I got.

·
Registered
620 Posts
To good to be true is what is nagging me??? I need a new front bumper & hood due to a dear strike a few days back. This would allow me to upgrade to the SVT front end. I've been pricing the parts.....the bumper, upper & lower grille, new fogs = complete front end for approx. $300.00. That is a steal. I'm just wondering about the quality???
Quality worry, same here. I had a deer strike 2 weeks ago. I need a right headlight, hood and upper grill replaced. The bumper just needs a respray.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Damn animals are out to get us focus owners. I just slew a dog. It took out my tire well liner, air filter housing, and my bumper was already shit.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
My bumper was ugly when i got it. So an svt bumper is tempting if the quality is there. Maybe they'll do a group buy since we all want one...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just wanted to bump this. The prices for practically everything on this site are super alluring. My back bumper is cracked as anything .... I bought 'er off a kid from Jersey that must have driven her like a rally car. My hood also has some pretty unfavorable (and hard to find the cause of...) damage around the passenger head light. Three buck aroons doesn't sound horrible for what it is.

My only doubt would be any possible fading that the actual vehicle has in accordance with the paint this manufacturer is using? Might not match up on tougher colors like maroons and silvers.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Damn animals are out to get us focus owners. I just slew a dog. It took out my tire well liner, air filter housing, and my bumper was already shit.
Haha, no way! I just recently hit the highest jumping squirrel in the world, blood matches my paint though.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow, sounds like I'm not the only "animal challenged" Foci driver....lol.
Seems like everyone agrees the prices are good. Unfortunately no one has any background on the quality. I have the same "paint matching" concerns but the price on these is just to good. I am currently planning to purchase: Painted hood $282 & SVT bumper $221, upper & lower grille $50, right side inner fender $12. Tax is $50 & shipping is $140. That's approx $750 total. I can't buy the unpainted parts + have them painted for that. 04ZTSJelf mentioned a "group buy"?? Not sure how that works?? Are there specific FF members that have to set that up or should I call and get the ball rolling?? I plan to purchase even if the group buy doesn't work out and will certainly provide feed back WRT the quality of my stuff and my overall experiance.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,111 Posts
Id be in for a group buy as well. I don't know if they would do that or not.

Just sent an email asking about shipping, and what material the bumpers are made out of. Hopefully a reply soon and I will get back with everyone about it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts