Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I just got my Focus last night and was dismayed to learn (when I got home) that the CD player doesn't work. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I entered the CD label-up, and I pressed the CD/MP3 button, too. All it does is give me the initial CD-read screen then goes to "CD Error" message (no message number displayed).

Since my manual doesn't show my specific Blaupunkt stero, it doesn't help me.

Just want to make sure there's not some special code or button sequence or something I need to put in before I go all the way to the dealership.

Thanks so much for any advice you have!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
It should be covered under warranty... You say you just picked it up. If your dealer is a good dealer they should cover it no matter how old the car is. I bought my F-150 with a little over 36000 miles and the check engine light came on a week after I purchased it. They fixed it (never found out what it was) and didn't charge me. Haven't had any problems except for the door locks (which are common in EVERY Ford).

My aftermarket CD player does this when it's really cold out... laser has condensation on it (no garage). Seeing how you are in Texas I doubt this is the reason.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot! I will give my dealer a call in the morning to find out what can be done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts