Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New Black SEL 302a Remote Start(Pictures& Video)

Hi all!

Ordered July 21st
Vin Early August
Car delivered and picked up today(August 25th)
Just over a month since order date!!

I picked up my 2012 Black SEL with 302a package and Remote Start installed.

Ambient Lighting/EcoChampion Video
http://youtu.be/xFaq-oY31tY

Exterior

Front(It does have the active grill shudders)

Exterior at Night

Front at Night

Eco Champion already!

Ambient Lighting at feet(the ambient lighting is through-out every crevice of the front cab. Several colors to choose from as well).

Ambient Lighting on the door handle and map pocket in the passenger door

Instrument Panel behind steering wheel

Center Dash Control Unit

Exhaust Tip Before(notice the grinder marks,lol)

Exhaust Tip After(Stainless Steel beveled cut $10 bolt on for now)

So far I am loving this car. It came with the active grill shudders(wasn't expecting it to as I did not get the winter package). All Black leather interior, sync, rear sensors, rain sensing wipers, auto-dimming rear-view mirror,etc.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to post your thoughts or requests for pictures!

Take care
-Matt

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
Because the remote start is a huge waste of time. Its a dealer installed option and therefore worthless and poorly integrated. However one Michigan winter will make you forget how terribly integrated it is and love it for getting your car slightly more defrosted than it was...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice, I just got my SEL home today as well, but I ordered it on May 27th.
That was quite the wait! I'm very happy for you!

·
Registered
422 Posts
OK, how do you get eco champion and what does it mean? And how do you change the color on ambient lighting?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, how do you get eco champion and what does it mean? And how do you change the color on ambient lighting?
I drove on the highway, didn't brake much, just drove it like a champ really. I put the car into park and it popped up. When I scrolled up it showed some leaves in a circle and each leaf was filled in green(5 out of 5). Their were three categories; Speed, Braking, and I can't remember the other other. If you weren't 5 out of 5 then one of the green leaves would be shadowed/not filled in green. I'll try to play around with it a bit more tomorrow.

The ambient lighting can only be changed in the dark/night and their is a button that looks like a painters tray up above by the glasses holder. You just keep pressing the button until you get to the color you like!

What a great car!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Right on ... that's a nice ride. The composition of your photos really flatters your car, well done.

·
Registered
183 Posts
It will be interesting to see how the aftermarket companies (DEI, etc) handle the remote starters for the new Focus. Past history shows that factory remote starts suck major ballage for the money you pay.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Hey I don't suppose you could post pics of all the ambient color schemes? I've still never seen a focus lit up inside except for that brief picture of your feet.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi all!
I picked up my 2012 Black SEL with 302a package and Remote Start installed.

Question about remote start: Why is it that when you hold the remote start button it beeps, starts, beeps(locks) and to get into the car you have to unlock it and when you unlock it, the car turns off. Basically you start it, unlock it, shuts off, get into the car, then have to start it again.
Easy answer is security. Your car can potentially be started and left idling unnattended in your driveway or a parking lot. Makes it really easy for someone to just waltz up and drive off with it. A bit more difficult if the doors are locked and even more difficult if it shuts off when they open the doors.

I've heard you can get the behavior changed, but it requires signing some paperwork, probably stating you understand the risks and won't hold Ford liable for your car getting stolen.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey I don't suppose you could post pics of all the ambient color schemes? I've still never seen a focus lit up inside except for that brief picture of your feet.
I will be able to tonight. Let me know what you want to see specifically; locations of the lights? The color? Etc.

Let me know, it might even be better to shoot a quick video of it all?

·
Registered
683 Posts
I will be able to tonight. Let me know what you want to see specifically; locations of the lights? The color? Etc.

Let me know, it might even be better to shoot a quick video of it all?
All of the above!! [;)]

·
Registered
967 Posts
All of the above would be cool too, but im mainly interested in the colors of the light the ambients throw and how they look. Much thanks in advance.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
All of the above would be cool too, but im mainly interested in the colors of the light the ambients throw and how they look. Much thanks in advance.
Will do guys, it'll just be something short & sweet. I'm not to great with making videos but I do have an iPhone 4 so I'll do my best!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Added a stainless steel exhaust tip. Going to set up an appointment with the tint shop on Monday to see what they can do for me.

Cannot wait! Plus I can't wait for some new 18" wheels ; )

·
Registered
28 Posts
LOL... love that parts site above. Where else can you get a "$5 off doctor cupon" when you buy car parts! :)
Will be buying those black fog light bezels though, easier than wrapping with vinal to black out..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts