Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
FF Affiliate
30,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
BBK sais there going to make it but it is not our yet , rdc said yesterday there was one but I called and they told me they dont have anything but a prototype yet

The V6 Mustang is a plug in and bolt on but it does not work

Tom

·
Registered
114 Posts
Would you be able to get it to work? How big is the Mustangs throttle body?
BBK says there going to make it but it is not our yet , rdc said yesterday there was one but I called and they told me they dont have anything but a prototype yet

Tom

·
FF Affiliate
30,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I dont know , a lot of things have to be checked first , just because it plugs in doesnt mean the wiring is the same between the V6 and the MK3

Tom

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
BBK says there going to make it but it is not our yet , rdc said yesterday there was one but I called and they told me they dont have anything but a prototype yet

Tom
Tom, getting back to your 67mm you tested out..who made that one? If there is nothing else, I will be interested in one if I get an intake manifold.

·
FF Affiliate
30,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Tom, getting back to your 67mm you tested out..who made that one? If there is nothing else, I will be interested in one if I get an intake manifold.
I made it my self and dynoed it but there wasnt any gains so I figured I would wait till more parts came out and test it again

Tom

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Well now that the TTR manifold is out do you think that the 67mm TB you made might make some gains now? especially with your 3in intake?

·
FF Affiliate
30,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I would be open to anyone that has the new intake , RS TB and my intake pipe to offer my Dynojet dyno for testing to see what each part does , There would be no dyno time charge as long as you have my tune already

This will tell us if the larger TB now shows any gains over the stock TB then I will decide if I want to make them

Tom

·
Registered
81 Posts
I would be open to anyone that has the new intake , RS TB and my intake pipe to offer my Dynojet dyno for testing to see what each part does , There would be no dyno time charge as long as you have my tune already

This will tell us if the larger TB now shows any gains over the stock TB then I will decide if I want to make them

Tom
Not to get off topic but I just wanted to hop in and thank you Tom for all the support you give us mk3 owners! :)

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
I made it my self and dynoed it but there wasnt any gains so I figured I would wait till more parts came out and test it again

Tom
Tom, what TB did you use to make the 67mm one you tested? Looking at the stock TB it doesnt look like it can be bored out much bigger beyond what it already is so did you make one from scratch or did you custom fit a TB from a different car?

Any chance you'd be willing to make more? i know that in the other thread they are trying to get the 68mm one from the V6 mustang to work but if you already have a 67mm one that works then that would be awesome.

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
No it will not work. Besides there's tons of vendors that make parts for the mk1 why even bother asking about mk3 parts.. not trying to be rude but I see this asked waaaay too much.
you really are a dick.. because some of us may want to stay with our older models at least they are not riddled with a disaster of a design called sync and the other BS Ford attached to the newer focus's.

and anything will work if your smart enough to mod it to work.. i may just buy one of these throttle bodies and stick it on my 2.0 2006 SAP just to prove you wrong that it wont work. i was going to ask the same thing.. i have no issued detonating my engine modding it to see if it will work and if it does work and my engine runs to laugh at every non believer(also forgot to mention i probably have 5 Zetecs and 2 duratecs that i yanked out of cars sitting in my garage as project or seller engines).. ANYTHING can work.. you see people shoving V8 windsor 5.0l supercharged engines out of fox bodies into subframe coupes called Focus hatchbacks so if that can be done im sure a throttlebody slightly OD then stock can be made to work... just find someone who knows how to f***ing weld and make a spacer plate that goes in between the throttlebody and the intake that has a cable perch on it then replace and drill the shaft out and reconnect a butterfly that's designed for a cable and has the same diameter shaft as the one installed....

P.S. I have duratec junk on my zetecs and vice versa also i have about $1300 in focus parts installed on my jaguar.. oh OOOPS forgot my 2003 Jaguar is built by ford off the Focus's bigger brothers frame called a Ford Mondeo..

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
I made it from the stock MK3 TB , there is pictures of it

Tom
Okay cool, I'll have to dig around. Thanks Tom.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
How did you modify the stock TB to be that big Tom? Did you bore it out or custom build one?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

21 - 33 of 33 Posts