Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think? I can't turn my overdrive off anymore, but I can't remember ever needing to.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Looks cool, add a boot to it like I did and complete the package...

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice, it fits great. It's the MTX-Envy model. Did you just buy an aftermarket boot? How do they stay attatched to the console?

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
hey red baron... whats that wire for on your passanger floor board?
just curious

i personally dont like the two shifters, but i guess the are better then stock.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hey guys, thanks for the opinions, I wish i had a stick shift so i figured this would be as close as i could get to the real thing.

Yes, it's just an aftermarket boot from APC

I was wiring strobes behind the speaker grills so when it flashes it lights up the whole thing. I got the strobes for free so i needed a place to put them, it turned out actually really cool. but yeah, i wasnt done hiding all the wire yet.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I dont know what OTC is....sounds familiar though, im usually out in farmington though.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oakland Technical Center. 4 years ago, I got my Auto degree there. I (imagine) you're still near high school. Wherever you hang out, someone you know must go there. They offer a very wide curriculum. I was hoping you might know the instructor.

·
Registered
877 Posts
personal opinion, they both look horrible, but thats just me. I think using a shift boot makes it look like your trying to look like you have a manual(kinda ricer-ish)
-Shawn

Edit: maybe if you cut like the top 3" off the first one it would look good, but its WAAAY to tall for me.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll agree on how tall it is. I'll also point out that (as I stated) it should be called the MTX-Envy model.

But, I still know that I think it's better than the original, and, I like it better.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yeah, it is way too tall, i know, im gonna work on seeing if I can shorten it somehow, but im afraid I might break something and then things wont be very cool...

I'll post pics if I'm able to do anything.

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
Red Baron said:
I was wiring strobes behind the speaker grills so when it flashes it lights up the whole thing. I got the strobes for free so i needed a place to put them, it turned out actually really cool. but yeah, i wasnt done hiding all the wire yet.
do your strobes flash with the music, or do the just flash on their own?

thats pretty cool, maybe too distracting while driving, but i still think its cool.

·
Registered
213 Posts
They just flash on their own, and yeah, it would be distracting...So that's why i put them in the rear panels. So the people in the back seat can "enjoy" them. I also have some Blue Neon Tubes that can flash with the music, im still looking for a place to put those.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
When I went to high school in MI, the cops loved to pull over kids and ticket them for anything that flashed except turn siganls.
Red Baron - Any new laws in MI I should know about? Tinting? Lighting? Etc?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Ummmm I dont know...I assume flashing laws are the same. You can't drive on main roads with them on, but in parking lots or subvisions it's fine. I had Washer lights for a while and you can drive around with those on anywhere (or at least...I wasnt pulled over and I drove by many cops)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts