1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
86 Posts
Never seen this before but looks like something i would like to have rather be safe than sorry. Great find.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am always mindful when I open my doors to make sure I don't hit the person next to me, so it won't be much use to me.

This should be mandatory for 90% of the population tho. [idea]

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well i am also mindful but just in case someone in the back or passenger isnt as careful me, I would like to have it if its not to expensive.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i am also mindful but just in case someone in the back or passenger isnt as careful me, I would like to have it if its not to expensive.

^^ Agreed. I bought the car, so I am going to always be as careful with it as possible. I too wonder how much something like this would cost?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Pretty slick idea. It's a shame that people are so inconsiderate we have to even consider this!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ugh now I want one of these so bad. Is it coming to the US? Will the dealership be able to instal it on our cars?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've seen a few 2012's on the road that have the plastic clear/white strips that Ford ships the car with...perhaps the dealer can give you some of those.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
This is pretty neat. Many a time have I caught my door being blown open by the wind about to bash into the poor car next to me.

·
I WILL correct you.
5,328 Posts
This is a thread that has been dead since 2011. This never made it into US market cars and is only just being added to 2014 EU cars.

·
Registered
510 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
As someone who had a ding in a car that was barely a week old....its not my door edges I'm worried about.....Its an interesting idea though....

·
Registered
168 Posts
DO WANT!

Not that I've had issues because I am always mindful when opening my doors. Super stealth too!

·
I WILL correct you.
5,328 Posts
I wonder if this is something that could be ordered and fitted to US/CAN spec cars? If so, price, etc?
You'd have to drill into your door in order to do it. The doors are different.

·
Registered
68 Posts
You'd have to drill into your door in order to do it. The doors are different.
Ladies & Gents,

I spoke to the engineers @ WITE, and they advised it may be coming our way, and it can be installed. See below:

Dear Aaron,

Thanks for your interest in this product. WITTE is supplying the door edge protector currently only for the European market/European Ford Focus. But in between we have management meetings with Ford North America with the target to get the door edge protector also implemented on North America Ford Focus. Decision regarding the implementation on the NA market is expected within the next months. In case of a positive decision the door edge protector will then be available in the NA market. Your Ford dealers muss then be able to order these parts/spare-parts on a regular way. But we know that the NA Focus currently does not have the necessary construction space or mounting holes to get the door edge protector assembled.
Hope this helps in the first step.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen, kind regards

WITTE Automotive
WITTE-Velbert GmbH & Co. KG
i.V.
Gregor Goldenberg
Sales Manager Ford Group​

Dear Aaron,

For demonstration purposes WITTE-engineers fitted the door edge protector to a North American Focus and it works, but all wholes and fixing points have to be implemented by manual hand work.
When the feature came to NA then I expect that the NA Ford dealer should be able to do this but I guess this retro-fit will be more expensive that buying it directly... Means buying new Focus and choosing the door edge protector feature cost 100 Euro and retro-fitting 4 hours worker plus spare-part pricing of door edge protector will be minimum triple of the original buy…

Mit freundlichen Grüßen, kind regards

WITTE Automotive
WITTE-Velbert GmbH & Co. KG
i.V.
Gregor Goldenberg
Sales Manager Ford Group​

1 - 20 of 21 Posts