Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car shutdown on the freeway and turned right back on but then the batt light was on. So I bought a new alternator at ford and i installed it. The batt light is still on! Is there a relay or fuse that maybe went out when the alternator blew?
2002 Svt JRSC and that alternator was a pita with that supercharger lol.[scratch]

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
There is a "voltage sensor" wiring fuse in the engine compartment. Check that first. Fuse 10, I think.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I glanced at the fuses maybe ok. Im going to buy the hot batt cable with the fuseable link(factory) and a new alternator pigtail tomorrow. That way its all new lol

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Make sure your grounds are clean, and the battery is fully charged ,too :)

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I found the real prroblem. It was the fuselink on the power wire that the alternator feeds the battery. It grounded out on my supercharger.

Top 4 parts if alternator is not charging. 1) battery 2)alternator 3)fuselink/batt cables 4)alternator clip

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I spent $300 total. $200 for a new ford alt. And $95 for new batt cables/alt clip. Im going to return the alt clip since I didn't use it. But the car runs great!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts