Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, got my CAI a few hours ago and just got done puttin it on and speeding around the hood. The one I had on it was HORRIBLE, some ebay junk that had 2 of the 3 brackets broken off completely and one being held on by electrical tape![paranoid] Well I got the AEM CAI for 218 dollars from an ebay store brand new in box with everything. I have already noticed a difference, plus it looks a lot better. Now my questiong is, does anyone else have a problem with the front strut bar rubbing on the CAI? I had to take this thing off because it was rattling, and when i adjust it up, the hood wont close[?|] . anyways, here are the pics of the install, hope you like!!

oh yea, can anyone tell if i have stock headers? or has just the cover been removed? i bought the car used and was definately in the wrong hands before, but i am getting her well again.... thanks!![thumb]

the start, this is the crap CAI that WAS on there....

another..

the rusty filter!!

OH YEA! the new GOOD stuff..

represent!

me "working"

NOW THE FINISHED PRODUCT!

OH AND HERE ARE THE BEFORE AND AFTER EXTERNAL PICS IN CASE ANY OF YOU MISSED OUT BEFORE..
Before:

Current:

Thanks to everyone so far for the positive comments and all the help!

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
car looks alot better in and out, those look like pacesetter headers, definately not stock

if you had the straight strut bar thats why its rubbing, whoever makes those didnt take into acount them actually fitting our cars w/ the intake on, and the only ones that really fit are the bent ones

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah, gotcha, i have seen those, anyone know of any fairly decent front strut bars, or should i just keep it off? are they really worth it??

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
I have the focus central bar & it doesn't rub, very close though.
You don't really need one on the front, our cars are pretty beefy up front.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
that AEM looks a lot better than that crappy old intake of yours....... nice ride also

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Dont like the tail lights, but to each thier own.

Nice ride looks great, definate improvement over the ebay wannabe....The only thing...is that if you ever plan on getting a supercharger or turbo, that intake will be a waste.. (this coming from someone who shelled out 300 bucks for a volant, and chopped it all up to work with my 90mm MAF on my Jackson racing SC, and now I cant even use it with my PW kit..lol)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nah i aint getting a turbo, not enough cash, i am really savin up for a house, the only other things im debating on getting, are new tail lights and headlights, and possibly a new body kit, cause i dont care for the current one....

oh and hillyard, i see you too, say hey sometime if you see me out, i will holla at you too!

·
Supercharged
3,275 Posts
chunkitron3030 said:
nah i aint getting a turbo, not enough cash, i am really savin up for a house, the only other things im debating on getting, are new tail lights and headlights, and possibly a new body kit, cause i dont care for the current one....

oh and hillyard, i see you too, say hey sometime if you see me out, i will holla at you too!
PM sent.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts