Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I've finally found a wonderful Focus forum. [:)~]
(I've been looking for quite a while, too!)
It's great to see members from different countries here, especially because I'm doing a little "research" about engine oil recommended for Zetec 2.0 in different parts of the world, and would LOVE to have some engine specs from Australia & Europe.
(If anybody is interested, the "problem" I'm trying to resolve is why Ford in the US recommends 5w20 and in the rest of the world, that I know of, -- 5w30. It awfully looks like an attempt to increase fuel economy for state testing purposes, at the expense of the eingine life. Once I have enough data, I'll be pressing Ford in the US for a letter stating that I CAN use 5w30 or even 10w30 without voiding the warranty.)

·
AKA Calamity Jane
1,610 Posts
I looks good! I'm not a big fan of the mirror tint, I think just regular dark tint looks better on dark colored cars, but it still looks good! Love the color too btw---you obviously have nice taste in that ;)

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Welcome matey!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, this IS a warm welcome. Thanks to everybody.
I have "great designs" for my Focus: I might paint it metallic green eventually, about the same shade as my Subaru in the attached picture...
As to my tastes, I would call them a bit unusual. I love mirror tint, becase it looks nice to me, it goes well with light green and also because it's very uncommon. The same goes for wheels: everybody goes up, and I happened to go down -- from stock 16" to 14" (smallest I could squeeze on), for the sake of a nice and soft ride and practicality: tires are THREE TIMES CHEAPER.
By the way, I've tinted the windows myself.
And painted the Subaru myself, too. Hope to do a better job next time!

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
[welcome]
i personally like how your mirrored tint looks. i think it looks cool

·
Registered
567 Posts
nice ride, liking the tint. and welcome to the forum

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
emilee225 said:
I looks good! I'm not a big fan of the mirror tint, I think just regular dark tint looks better on dark colored cars, but it still looks good! Love the color too btw---you obviously have nice taste in that ;)
haha yes YOU do look good emilee, and i agree, not a fan of the mirror tint and green, id leave it the way it is as far as that goes[thumb]

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Welcome to the board..Nice green on the suby, thats one way to get noticed. I like to see people having fun with old cars!

P.S. when you get a chance to a search on the oil question, it has been pretty heavily debated on here in the past...hopefully some of your questions will get answered there ( many of us run 5-30 and 10-30, so lets just say I think you are on the right track)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks again, everybody.

Viney266, I'll do a search on oil one of these days. I know that nobody wants the same question asked every day!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts