Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2012 Focus Titanium. Is there anyway to adjust the settings for the keyless entry? Specifically a way to make it unlock all doors when I walk up to the car and a way to lock it when i walk away from the car instead of having to touch the door?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
It's intelligent Access, it doesn't use proximity alone... it needs your keyfob, AND a touch on the door to open. You can set it to unlock all doors upon one touch though, I believe, or if you use the lock/unlock on the keyfob, there should be a procedure for setting it to one-push unlock for all doors, like the lower trims with Keyless Entry.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
read the manual, that's why it comes with the car.
Well you're helpful. Only thing I see in the manual says set up auto lock auto unlock. I did what it said to set up auto unlock thinking that would be the answer to my problem. All it did was beep the horn and doesn't seem to have changed anything.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Reading the manual is the first thing anyone should do with their car... and look carefully, there's a LOT to read.

But, like I said before... the way intelligent access works is it detects your key fob and then allows you to just open the door, being that when you touch the door handle it unlocks. So you essentially don't have to unlock the car, you just grab the handle.

It doesn't work by proximity alone, most likely a safety feature, it's unlikely but someone COULD get into your car when it was unlocked and then proceed to take the keys from you and steal it. Preventative measures are taken by only unlocking the door when the driver touches the driver's handle.

Like I said, you can set the lock/unlock buttons on the fob itself to be one-press. It's one-press to lock all doors anyway, but the unlock can be set too.

·
Registered
712 Posts
From Manual (p159) - (I assume this covers key-less IA vehicles but not positive on that):

Autounlock feature-
When autounlock is activated, all doors will unlock when the driver door is opened.
Deactivating/activating autolock/autounlock
There are two methods to enable/disable these features:
• Through your authorized dealer
• By using a power door lock procedure
Note: The autounlock feature can be activated/deactivated
independently of the autolock feature.
Power door lock procedure
To enable/disable these features, do the following:
You will have 30 seconds to complete the procedure.
1. Turn the ignition on.
2. Press the power door lock button three times.
3. Turn the ignition off.
4. Press the power door lock button three times.
5. Turn the ignition on (you will hear a chime indicating the
programming mode has been entered).
Autolock: Once in programming mode, each subsequent short press
(less than 1 second) of the power door lock button will toggle autolock
between on and off.
Autounlock: Each subsequent long press (more than 2 seconds) of the
power door lock button will toggle autounlock between on and off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts