Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, here is the new focus rs courtesy of R&T. looks purty kewl, though i still think SVT could be etched onto their and sell it across the pond : ) check out the turbo'd 2.3 L engine cranking out 280bhp through awd. gunna be sick. makes my foci seem so mundane...

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
sdwndr85 said:
gunna be sick. ..
i think i will be too...... just knowing it won't be avaialble here. oh well, back to reality. I love my focus...I love my focus..

·
Registered
367 Posts
oh god.. 280hp and awd

when i start my career, i will import one (if the interior is very nice, i find other cars to have nicer interiors than the focus)

·
FF Veteran Goofball
5,741 Posts
yeah, that's nice!! but unfortunately by the time i save up money i will have had lost interest and moved on to other cars.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have actually considered just trying to order the parts to make one, the motor/turbo, AWD tranny/diff, CPU, etc, it would be worth it IMO just for the performance gains, but I wonder just how bad the shipping would be on parts from England? I never tried to order parts from another country so I have no idea what is involved, even just getting the AWD components and turboing the motors we have would be different, sounds like alot of fun!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I think this is a pretty old article isn't it? like pre-Euro Focus-release old. It looks like its a conceptual drawing to me as the cars basic lines aren't right. The rear quarter window is off, the wheel well flares look nothing like the stockers, in fact, i think they are actually less flared. the hood seems to be less "bulgey" too. i don't doubt that the car will be spectacular, but i do doubt that it will look like that.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Of course Ford wont release it in the US, it would compete with the Mustang line, Ford dosent do stuff like that. Too bad though, that is one hot car.

·
Registered
54 Posts
MadWax wrote:
"I have actually considered just trying to order the parts to make one, the motor/turbo, AWD tranny/diff, CPU, etc, it would be worth it IMO just for the performance gains, but I wonder just how bad the shipping would be on parts from England? I never tried to order parts from another country so I have no idea what is involved, even just getting the AWD components and turboing the motors we have would be different, sounds like alot of fun!"

I shipped an Alfa V6 engine from Germany and it only cost $200, 2 day air delivery. The problem now is the exchange rate with UK/Europe is abysmal. But I agree it would be worth it to price it out. You would have a very unique vehicle!

·
Registered
54 Posts
by the way, I meant to mention that despite the fact that DOT/EPA are such dicks about importing
complete cars from europe because of smog mostly, you can import ANY engine etc you want with
no certification needed. all praise the mightly loophole. so, who will be the first to bring an RS stateside, piece by piece?

·
Registered
330 Posts
If I had the money I'd def. be "Making" an RS, but you also have to remember with that turbo on there they may be using a stronger valve train, and diff. internals. If they are it's gonna be a lot more than expected. Either way though, I say Ford should drop the V6 Mustang and start giving us some of the real cars they have in Europe and Australia.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have actually been pondering calling the Uk since I bought my last car, a 2000 ZX3 for my mom, only complaint she had was lack of awd, then I see on a rally show that ford uses and sells an AWD version in England, got the old wheels clicking so-to-say.........hmmmm, tranny, cpu, rear diff and a few suspension peices.................

1 - 20 of 33 Posts