Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2002 svt with 118k miles on it, once received I found out the turn signals, headlights, and head unit were not functional. The headlights and turn signals were just a few fuses and I replaced the bulbs (as they were old) but the head unit has not started working. Does anyone know how I would know if it’s just the head unit that’s broken or if it’s a electrical issue. When I turn the lights on in the car the interior lights still come on for the screen of the radio but the radio displays nothing and responds to nothing, gonna have to get a new unit anyway but just want to make sure that’s what it is before I do so. She also won’t rev past 4 grand usually, just looking for answers so I can enjoy my car at its fullest potential, thank you 🙏

·
Trump 2016
12,968 Posts
You have the sub in trunk. Then yea the radio which came With that setup is the known issue. Any check engine lights. When was timing belt last changed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have the sub in trunk. Then yea the radio which came With that setup is the known issue. Any check engine lights. When was timing belt last changed.
I replaced the head unit and it came on because I got antsy, wouldn’t rev past 4 because all of my cylinders were misfiring but that’s fixed now too, timing belt could use replacing and my intake manifold runner control valve is stuck open

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry about the sub, after I put in the head unit there was a blue wire that was labeled subwoofer but had nothing to connect to, sub and amp are not working would you know how to fix this

1 - 5 of 5 Posts