Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Check out the NEW 2.3L Duratec 4-1 race header and flex pipe combo. $385 with FREE S&H

Add 13 ponies and 12 pounds of torque to the ground with this dynamic duo. With the high gloss ceramic coating you will never have to worry about rust or discoloration. The Focus Central header is also equipped with all of the oxygen sensor ports as well as the EGR tube. If you really want to wake up your PZEV, this is the way to go.

NOTE: These parts are non-smog compliant and intended for offroad use only.

Order online at http://www.myFordPerformance.com

·
Registered
66 Posts
Geez, I wish they'd come out with a +13HP header and still keep it smog compliant. I'm in California and I don't want to have to pull my header every 2 years.

·
Registered
114 Posts
kaweahnet said:
Geez, I wish they'd come out with a +13HP header and still keep it smog compliant. I'm in California and I don't want to have to pull my header every 2 years.
I'm in California and I have a DRAXAS HEader you dont have till smog till like 4 years the first time anyways. Besides it will only take about 2 hours to swap and the 12whp is totally worth it it wakes up your car it has to be replaced if you want to get this car to run with the big boys.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Zarelli6 said:
get me that price for the zetec race header and flex and well have some business
Wish I could, but I could only do that if FC were to lower thier prices as well, which is not likely to happen.

I do have a FC race header that does not have an EGR fitting, that I have posted in the classifieds for $290 and FREE S&H, add the Bosal or FC flexpipe at $125(also FREE S&H) for a total of $415 and that's about as close as you can get...

·
Registered
271 Posts
hey i want to get this header really bad but that shudn't be that hard taking it off every 1 year or 2 because u will eventually get it down perfect. but i was wondering, what is the torque pressure for the header???

·
Registered
66 Posts
OK, sorry for being ignorant here, but I've never installed a header before - I've always had someone else do it. I'm hearing that it's a relatively easy process to install the header in this thread, I just want to get clarification that a weekend warrior can do the swap with standard tools and some jackstands in the garage. Is that true?

I would also like to know if this header and flex pipe will bolt up to the stock location of the CAT ... and that the EGR fitting is in the same location as stock. I'm assuming it is but want to ensure that this will not be a concern.

My final concern is with respect to the 100,000 mile powertrain warranty that comes with the PZEV. I've only got 1500 miles on mine and I really don't want to wait until it's out of warranty before I start getting some gains. Will this void factory warranty? I'm assuming so. Is this something that's just accepted in getting more power out of these PZEV's?

Just as an additional piece, what high-flow CAT and/or CAT-back do you recommend for use with this header? What kind of gains do you expect in opening it up all the way back? Will this increase the power in the lower RPM range? My PZEV has the standard gutless wonder syndrome until 4k - I'd love for it to kick in at 3k.

Sorry for the battery of questions, I just want to make sure I do the right things here.

·
Registered
271 Posts
hey kaweahnet i'm about to get this header and i have many questions just like u? call focus central and they will help u out alot with tur questions. i'm going to put this header in myself with my friend. ye u can do it with just jackstands and u need airtools because the bolts will be tight. i need to find out the torque pressure for the header because that is important. o yea and all the egr tube fit right on to the stock exhaust. and no u don't have to change the catalytic converter. also u will get more out of this header with a cat back exhaust. well hope i answered some of ur questions.

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
Anyone know if this header (or any other similar header for the 2.3) would pass inspection in AZ ??

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
NOTE: These parts are non-smog compliant and intended for offroad use only.
guerro, as far as I can tell, it seems all headers are illegal (maybe not just for visual inspection though). Can anyone else confirm that... and is it likely to ever change, like the way some intakes can get CARB #s or whatnot? It would be good to know...

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
The header is new so it may still be trying to get a CARB number. They are just covering there butts for now. I really don't think an inspector would notice it. It looks very stock, and has all the fittings for the emision equipment. It should pass the sniff test with no problems

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
vanace said:
The header is new so it may still be trying to get a CARB number. They are just covering there butts for now. I really don't think an inspector would notice it. It looks very stock, and has all the fittings for the emision equipment. It should pass the sniff test with no problems
Actually it's a "race header" and will never be CARB certified and will certainly fail any emissions testing that involves the inspector hooking the car up to a diagnostics computer that checks the catalyst because a "race header" eliminates the catalytic converter.

Hope that helps.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts