Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Wow, then with all the problems that you have had Filmy, I am kinda lucky with the unit that I have with just losing the backup parking sensors and no usable camera at the moments which pales in comparison to the issues this post has soon with the Android HUs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I run an Ekiy unit. It has the same physical design, but different specs. The canbus to analog converter box included is defective. The illumination/dimmer output is always hot with accessory on, meaning the auto dim function doesn't work. I paid less than 200 USD, about what my old dash kit and harness/canbus kit cost me (Scosche FD6200 dashkit and Scosche FD02AR harness/canbus kit). I didn't retain SYNC, I've always hated SYNC anyways. As great as it is at night I would advise against any Android Head unit of the same physical design due to the angle of the screen. At first the hazard button wouldn't illuminate. I had to wire a pigtail that plugs in to the circuit board of the hazard and lock button to ground and accessory. I also connected the pink wire from the SYNC display connector pigtail to the "KEY 1" wire on the stereo. Now, instead of the pink wire feeding into the canbus adapter and defaulting 5 of my steering wheel buttons to the correct function, the function is customizable. I some how set the stereo up to get the time from GPS only and display the correct time for my time zone. As for navigation, I've grown too accustomed to using Waze and Google Maps to use any offline navigation solution. I would definitely run another Android head unit, but would avoid custom fit unit of this physical design. It spent a lot of time on setting up Nova Launcher and changing a lot of settings.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts