Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the proud owner of the most basic focus produced.... Manual everything, but has ac...... (and works)... No cruise, thats kind of a bummer....

I love these car specific forums, have used them for all the cars I have owned...

My car has needs, and I will scour this forum for good info.... Thank you all in advance for your help..

My car-- 07 ZX3 s trim... 89k ...Needs motor mounts, vibrates/buzzy feeling..
This car reminds me of my pinto days... Simple, cheap and unlimited parts..Hoping to hit 300k.....

·
Registered
2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT EE. 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,353 Posts
I am the proud owner of the most basic focus produced.... Manual everything, but has ac...... (and works)... No cruise, thats kind of a bummer....

I love these car specific forums, have used them for all the cars I have owned...

My car has needs, and I will scour this forum for good info.... Thank you all in advance for your help..

My car-- 07 ZX3 s trim... 89k ...Needs motor mounts, vibrates/buzzy feeling..
This car reminds me of my pinto days... Simple, cheap and unlimited parts..Hoping to hit 300k.....
Only use Ford mounts. Aftermarket are crap. Don't use a polyurethane mount. They vibrate as bad as a broken mount. Change your fuel filter and spark plugs.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ha! Welcome aboard. I have the same car - a 2007 S with A/C and nothing else. Sticker says it had a block heater, but I guess it's MIA.

Mine buzzes too, but haven't gotten there yet. I did a thermostat - those suck. Reportedly, you can take out the passenger headlight housing to get easier access. I also did an alternator, which was not bad to replace.

·
Registered
2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT EE. 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,353 Posts
Ha! Welcome aboard. I have the same car - a 2007 S with A/C and nothing else. Sticker says it had a block heater, but I guess it's MIA.

Mine buzzes too, but haven't gotten there yet. I did a thermostat - those suck. Reportedly, you can take out the passenger headlight housing to get easier access. I also did an alternator, which was not bad to replace.
The report is true.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Welcome to FF........Use oem ford passenger side mount only.......

Reactions: pasta

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went to local parts store and got the 3 cheapo mounts.. installed rf and buzzing is prob same or worse... I have not installed the other 2 cheapo mounts and will prob take them back... spend the 175$ for oem and be done for 50k miles....89k on my car so I hope I get 10 years out of it....

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
I went to local parts store and got the 3 cheapo mounts.. installed rf and buzzing is prob same or worse... I have not installed the other 2 cheapo mounts and will prob take them back... spend the 175$ for oem and be done for 50k miles....89k on my car so I hope I get 10 years out of it....
I'd take them back too......as you found, the oem psm is the only way to go. http://c-f-m.com

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The el cheapo mounts seem to work well.... cant tell engine is running or not....we'll see how long they last....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts