Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased an 05 ZX3 SES today. It's silver, 5-speed, 38k miles, 17" Enkei RS7 wheels, and tinted (traded in the gas guzzling 02 Explorer). I have a bunch of questions that I wasn't able to find right off on a search.

First off, what are the major engine/chassis differences with the 05 vs earlier generation Focus's? Did the motor stay the same 2.0 Zetec? Also, which SVT parts will transfer over to my motor? I'm mainly wanting to know if the snorkel and exhaust manifold will carry over.

Additionally, I know that Jackson Racing produces a supercharger for the 00-04 Focus; would that fit or has anyone tried to retrofit this on an 05+? I installed a JRSC on my 98 Civic a few years ago and was happy with the modest power gain and low maintenance of the setup.

Is the only complete turbo kit for the 05+ Focus produced by FocusSports? Seems awfully spendy for the whole kit, including intercooler.

Anyways, I'm glad to be on this forum and will post pics of the new car tomorrow.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
ur setup is the duratec, so you will not be able to put very many parts from the svt onto it. Also, you cannot put the JRSC on the duratec unfortunately!! Not too familiar w/ the duratecs, but I'm sure someone else will chime in!!

Welcome to FF!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, crap...
Already posting in the wrong forum. Can't expect too much from a 4-hour Focus owner =)
That, and I'm from the Honda world (currently have a beater Integra with an H23)

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
yea the duratec performance forums will be better for you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts