Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Trump 2016
12,965 Posts
batinc has euro grill.You can purchase hid machs from ebay for 300 but doesnt come with bulbs or ballast.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,452 Posts
Im new to posting in the FF, i bough a 5 door svt back in may and have yet to touch the exterior. im on a tight budget as a student but i want especially to work with the front. im considering going for an all silver look, and also replacing the front grille with one without the flashers- but im not sure about legal issues. any low cost suggestions are welcome!
Nate your svt looks great. btw have you checked or figured out when the t/b (timing belt) was changed?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

I assume the TB has not been changed, as that is a part of the 110k maintenance.

I am approaching 109k now, and I have been actively searching for a local mechanic that can change it for cheaper than the 6-800 bucks the dealer will charge.

However, I haven't been able to research how difficult it would be to do it myself. Most car guys I've mentioned it to say its almost never worth the hassle of doing it yourself, even a couple of mechanic friends told me so as well. So I would be interested in hearing your opinions on changing it out in the focus'!

Thanks

·
w/ my magic bag
29,452 Posts
I'd research around for a shop that can do it, even if you have to drive a little ways. If it breaks= it'll take out your motor + the hassel that goes with it. I'd do it all= belt, tensioner, w/p, since your there... Pistons will be hammering on the valves then for sure your doing it & a lot more...

21 - 30 of 30 Posts