Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to posting in the FF, i bough a 5 door svt back in may and have yet to touch the exterior. im on a tight budget as a student but i want especially to work with the front. im considering going for an all silver look, and also replacing the front grille with one without the flashers- but im not sure about legal issues. any low cost suggestions are welcome!

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Im new to posting in the FF, i bough a 5 door svt back in may and have yet to touch the exterior. im on a tight budget as a student but i want especially to work with the front. im considering going for an all silver look, and also replacing the front grille with one without the flashers- but im not sure about legal issues. any low cost suggestions are welcome!
Welcome to the family! Looks like you got a good one, too, judging by the condition of the headlights. On that note, If you look hard enough, and don't mind electrical work, the optional HID headlights that came on this car had turn signals built in to the headlamp housing. Because of this, the lights in the grille became running lights. You could eliminate that grille and replace it with one off of a European Focus. They don't have that light built in, and look pretty cool. Just a thought on that.

·
Lurking...
2,180 Posts
Welcome to the family! Looks like you got a good one, too, judging by the condition of the headlights. On that note, If you look hard enough, and don't mind electrical work, the optional HID headlights that came on this car had turn signals built in to the headlamp housing. Because of this, the lights in the grille became running lights. You could eliminate that grille and replace it with one off of a European Focus. They don't have that light built in, and look pretty cool. Just a thought on that.

I second this. Get a pair of the factory Mach HIDs and get a euro grill. Gets rid of the turn signals in the grill and brings them to the headlights. You'll have to rewire everything but its pretty easy to do. Use the search tool to find write-ups on this. Plus your light output will be 100x better.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks i will definitely look for those lights, i wasn't sure exactly what to call them so hadn't made much ground so far. Any other suggestions regarding the appearance?

·
Registered
472 Posts
thanks i will definitely look for those lights, i wasn't sure exactly what to call them so hadn't made much ground so far. Any other suggestions regarding the appearance?

Your SVT appears to have aftermarket side skirts… typically the 5-door didn't come with side skirts… I would opt going for the stock SVT side skirts or, if you can find a set, the ROUSH side skirts, that show up every now and then.

The best exterior mod is always going to be a new set of shoes (wheels)! Finding a new set of wheels can be a long process to find what you're looking for, and what looks great. IMO, the stock silver 5-spoke wheels look awesome on the CD silver SVT.

I think the SVT is an amazing looking car in it's stock form, especially in comparison to the stock MK1 non SVT models. The subtle changes made on the car both on the interior and exterior really make it unique and stylish.

good luck, enjoy the car, treat it well, and it will treat you well!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so after searching for the lights, the only ones i can find are like 5-600 per side... I'm really hoping im seeing the wrong ones because it doesn't look like i can do that.

·
Registered
78 Posts
so after searching for the lights, the only ones i can find are like 5-600 per side... I'm really hoping im seeing the wrong ones because it doesn't look like i can do that.
I could be wrong about this, so if someone can verify, I THINK (and I'm not very good at that) that the HELLA Dynabeams have integrated turn signals. That might be slightly cheaper than the factory Mach headlights, but they look pretty similar. You might also find some aftermarket lights that have them, but they often aren't built to the same level of quality as the aforementioned, or the factory units. Whatever you do choose, though, let me know when you do. I very seriously want your stock halogen housings. :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
http://www.amazon.com/Focus-Glossy-Black-Projector-Headlights/dp/B00EE6VHDA?ref_=pe_623860_70668520

does anyone know how good these lights look? i asked if they had flashers to make sure and they do, but one person asked if they worked for the svt euro package and they dont, but i dont know for sure that i dont have that euro package. they are only 240 bucks
the euro package comes with the Mach HID headlights, along with Recaro Leather seats, and some other things that are optional on the SVT otherwise.

·
Registered
293 Posts
http://www.amazon.com/Focus-Glossy-Black-Projector-Headlights/dp/B00EE6VHDA?ref_=pe_623860_70668520

does anyone know how good these lights look? i asked if they had flashers to make sure and they do, but one person asked if they worked for the svt euro package and they dont, but i dont know for sure that i dont have that euro package. they are only 240 bucks
those will work for ya, same lights i have and i did what you are wanting to do with grill lights delete i just bought a eruo grill to get rid of those lights. as far as apperance wise the svt is pretty set their some stock side skirts will do ya good, but if you are a body kit guy they are out their but i would sugest and different focus for body kit as the svt foci are super rare now and hard to find in good condition not trying to be a hater but the stock look of an svt foci is the best in my opinion. some new shoes sets these rare cars apart!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
those will work for ya, same lights i have and i did what you are wanting to do with grill lights delete i just bought a eruo grill to get rid of those lights. as far as apperance wise the svt is pretty set their some stock side skirts will do ya good, but if you are a body kit guy they are out their but i would sugest and different focus for body kit as the svt foci are super rare now and hard to find in good condition not trying to be a hater but the stock look of an svt foci is the best in my opinion. some new shoes sets these rare cars apart!
Thanks that helps alot, where did you get your grille from? this light/grille change will help alot in my opinion. i may look under the hood after that and get a CAI.

·
Registered
293 Posts
the grill i got from ebay altough they are harder to find these days but their are many different eruo grill that dont have the lights.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,085 Posts

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,085 Posts
what kind did you end up getting?

I ended up finding a euro grill from another member on here. I have purchased some euro headlights. So it was a good match.

I had an idea. If it was possible to just dremel or cut out the ambers from a regular focus. That would give you that look while keeping the grill OEM. I have a spare at home I could try it with.

People will pay good money on here if you plan on sellin that grill. Or keep as a spare if you ever sell, just to have the stock piece.

·
Registered
78 Posts
People will pay good money on here if you plan on sellin that grill. Or keep as a spare if you ever sell, just to have the stock piece.
^^^^^^^this. I spent weeks trying to find one, and eventually wound up having one shipped from a junk yard in PA, and even that was a lucky find.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ill have to look into doing that, i think im going to plasti dip it silver as well to go for the look of the third picture i posted on the first page. If you try it out on the spare you have let me know how it goes!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here is what I ended up doing, replaced all the emblems and had to keep the stock grille because the one I ordered didn't fit.

PS. sorry it turned out sideways... IDK how to fix it

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts