Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used 04 SVT Focus with a K&N Short Ram Intake.

I have heard problems about sucking water into the engine and heat soak and I am worried because I had planned on just installing a drop in filter.

Should I be worried about anything?

·
70 100 70 70 : (
1,977 Posts
short ram intakes dont suck water.. the ones that do are cold aair intakes :p, you will be fine unless you take half of the car into the water

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
yea you are fine. enjoy the sweet sounds it makes.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
i just bought a new K&N panal since the old one was. eww.. Defently made a difference on the idling and shes a bit more.. peppy

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
i just bought a new K&N panal since the old one was. eww.. Defently made a difference on the idling and shes a bit more.. peppy
its pretty much the best bang for your buck with the svt intake. i had a steeda sri and when i put my K&N drop in back i didnt feel any difference in power, its just more quiet now. i do wanna try the ITG filters though and will be getting one soon one day hopefully

·
Registered
347 Posts
do you still have your SRI??

·
Registered
806 Posts
my butt dyno felt a difference going from a k&n panel to my cai, I just drive cautiously in rain, and I'm getting ready to slap a bypass valve on there too.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
yea but how accurate are butt dyno's? I thought the same thing with my sri but it really isnt any difference. I think the thing about butt dyno's is that when we install a performance part we are so stuck on that we will be getting more hp and our car should be faster that we expect to feel a difference and sub-conciously think that we are driving faster than we were before the add on, when chances are we aren't going any faster than before or very little of a difference. something so minimal as a cai wont change things as much as a turbo or supercharger or a tune for a turbo car which increase hp by more than 3. Sorry to rant like this, its just been talked about so much and the cost benefit for a drop in is the best bet.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anybody know where I can get a stock (OEM) airbox and snorkel?

I think I saw them through Ford Racing...but it was expensive.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
I can get you the Ford Racing kit for $119

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
The short rams actually hurt HP. Too much engine compartment heat soak. The stock svt airbox out flows everthing that the aftermarket has to offer, even with a stock filter. Do yourself a favor and put the stock back on the car with a K&N and maybe a ram-air like i make, makes a big difference.

·
Registered
806 Posts
yea I agree that butt dynos arent super accurate, thats why we call it a butt dyno and not just a dyno. I cant say I felt like I was rocketing around after I ut the cai on, but I could feel a difference, slight or otherwise it was there. Plus, even if its zero gain, the sound of the cai is freaking sweet!
:)

·
Registered
806 Posts
Wooosh!!
[thumb]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts