Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Been lurking here reading and learning in preparation for buying a focus. I come from a ford family so I've owned two F150's, an expedition and now a focus. It's a 02 french blue se sedan that will be mainly my commuter. I can never leave anything stock so I have new wheels, tires, stock spoiler, clear turn and side markers, sylvania ultra headlight bulbs, some floor mats, stereo, and speakers on the way. The driver rear window decided to not come back up on the test drive so a new regulator is on the way. Most everything gets here next week so just a stock photo until after next weekend.

Past vehicles-
First truck

Second truck-

My expy-

And my baby-

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,118 Posts
Whew that is a baby!

So even with lurking and such on here you decided with the SPI engine with issues of the valves dropping? You are a daring sir! Don't feel bad, I have one too.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah not so, it has a zetec!

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,118 Posts
Well I learned something. I knew a 2003 se could be a duratec, but I thought a 2002 se would be an SPI since most zetecs have a ZX(something).

In that case....congrats on getting a reliable car that shall last many many miles.

How many miles are on it?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I was pleasantly surprised. It's got 158k but just had alot of maintenance done including brakes and trans fluid so that pushed me over. It's in good overall shape and will double my mileage from the Expy which is exactly what I needed.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,118 Posts
Plan in keeping it stock? Mpgs mods to it? Although being a daily driver and higher miles you probably don't want to dump money into it.

A lot of people have been getting older foci for the mileage, not that I can really blame them. Nothing beats a $30 fillup. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you. Nothing crazy- it needs to stay clean and classy so I don't look like a teenager trying to be a honda civic but I've got new wheels, tires, stock spoiler, clear turn and side markers, sylvania ultra headlight bulbs, some floor mats, stereo, and speakers on the way

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,118 Posts
Whew you were on the ball. Post up some pictures when it's all on and installed. I'm thinking about clear corners or making my fogs the turn signals and goin with an 05+ grill.
I have those same bulbs.

Man with a plan, always good things going on then. Don't be afraid to post around. Everyone's a great help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts