Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so went to get an inspection at a lil shop because i am usually in and out in 5 mins and they do what they need to get the car out fast. so i have gone to them for the past 5 or so years and never had a prob with anything except for this time. everything was going good till he hooked the car up to the computer and then all failed literally. he said he has never seen this before because everything for the emissions part of it was not supported and is what it says on the paper i got that says what passed. wondering if any of you have ever seen this happen of could of this been there computer or the connection not good enough to read everything.
thanks in advanced for those who may have any input

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
Go back, it sounds like their computer was messed up. If you don't have a check engine light, then you most likely don't have any major engine or emissions problems. If you want to check for yourself, pick up an OBD2 code scanner from any national parts store. It's not a bad investment since it will work on any vehicle equipped with OBD2 electronics that started in cars around 95.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
When I had a 2000 Focus SPI auto sedan, an emissions shop could not test according to Texas rules. I then took it to a Ford dealership and it tested OK.
I told the dealership my previous experience and they said some shops cannot afford the $5000.00 software fee every year.

Take your car to a Ford dealership

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys. im bringing it to my mechanic and i will just have them check it for free. only reason i dont go to him is cus they are always slammed with cars and takes for ever to get outta there for inspections and the guys i got my sticker from is a little crappy gas station but i have never had a problem before and they always get me in and out of the inspection bay. will look into the computer for myself and see the prices on them and i will go from there. thanks again for your knowledge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts