Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been having alot of trouble with my neutral safety switch/clutch safety switch however you refer to it and i was wondering if anyone else has problems with this? i've had it replaced already but im still having problems with it...anybody who can help let me know i'd appreciate it. thanks

tom

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea exactly..

i was on a trip, the car was running fine. i got out at a rest stop and when i came back the car wouldn't start. I was with a couple of ppl so instead of holding up the trip i popped the clutch drove the other 1.5hrs and when i got to where i was going I had a mechanic take a look at it and he said it was the neutral safety switch that wasn't registering so he replaced the switch. Now, about two weeks later the car wouldn't start again unless i used the switch like a kill switch and i had to push it in with my hand and then start the car.

the car is an 03 svt hb with 18k on it. im really just wondering if its something that im doing wrong, also other people ran into a similar problem.

thanks to anyone that can help out

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
is your clutch pedal hitting the switch at all?

·
Registered
1 Posts
ive had problems too. if it breaks on the road again u can cut the two wires and twist them together, thats the red neck fix. for the lng run i just took mine off and disassembeled it, soldiered the wires, reent some copper tabs and presto, problem solved.

andrew

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is your clutch pedal hitting the switch at all?
it was touching the switch but not pushing it in enough to engage it, supposedly it should be fixed now. My mechanic had remounted it in a different way but i haven't tried it out yet b.c. i just got back from Atlantic City [:D]

if worse comes to worse ill give milley's option a try

thanks guys ill let you know what happened

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
just bolt on a little rubber peice on the back of the clutch pedal, to hit the switch, when its pushed all the way in?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tried that [?|] ....right now its working let's just hope it stays that way

·
Registered
12 Posts
YES, I am aware this is a thread from the dead, my focus will NOT start, and though I hate to cut the wires to the clutch switch, I am having trouble pulling
the connector to jump it. There are also two green wires and another color?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Wrong switch if there are more than two wires, nothing you do to that one will affect cranking as it's the TOP position switch (kicking off cruise when pedal pressed is one of it's functions).

You need the one which is contacted with the pedal all the way down, and that one has only TWO wires you can jump at the connector for test/temp. repair.

(edited title to match OP's post)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts