Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a major difference between the two? If so, which is better?

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
led's are gernealy brighter, have a longer life if used properly, and cheaper, but i think the difference is the viewing area, the intensity of them straight ahead could probaly make you go blind temporarily at least but 15 or 20 degrees on angle they won't project on anything, but if you have alot of them mounted straight and angled like how alot of them are sold on a track with like 50 or 100 of them it'll be better than a neon. led's also don't get hot.

- Scott

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So LEDs are better all around?

·
Registered
37 Posts
i have the l.e.d multicolor kit on my focus and neons on my truck and i loved the neons until i got my l.e.d's... i love my l.e.d's

·
Registered
78 Posts
From what Ive seen the LED neons are much better. I have the mulitcolor kit as well(i have another thread with pics and info on installation) and have yet to see a neon kit be as bright and cover as much area as mine. My car rides like on a frekin rug of color unlike the neon border lines that i see on typical cars with regular neon. They also draw basically no power, I went on a trip with some friends for 4 days and left them on the whole time, the car started with no problem, i was pretty impressed.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Actually I dont have a neon kit to compare to but my rear led tube is almost facing straight foward and its still hitting directly below the tube. A little of this is possibly from the high intensity light reflecting off the metal under the car but still, the light gets there

·
Registered
360 Posts
I read somewhere that LEDS are alot brighter and better for your money, if you go with a regular neon kit make sure you get streetglow Gold series, ive seen some of the cheaper kits and they just glow nasty! peace

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
NewBluezx3 said:
neons r the best, led have those gay lil bulbs n em and if one goes out the whole thing goes out...neon neon neon!!!
just out of curiosity, when a neon bulb goes out, it stops lighting up also right? so then whats the difference? they both stop producing light when one bulb burns out (i am asuming you are right to begin with because i do not know for sure)

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
LED's have a life span of 10,000+ hours so i don't think you really have to worry about it. with that life span it should take over 13 years to burn one out if you have your lights on for 2 hours a day every single day of the year. when 13 years rolls around you should realize how bad neons and all that look anyway and get rid of them at year 5 or something, or at least i hope so.

- Scott

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hes not right, led's are wired in parralel, meaning if one goes out the power still goes through. If the were in series they would all go out like christmas light because one relies on the other for power.

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
thank you for the informative reply dangerous-focus. [thumb]

i am very glad there are a lot of people on this forum smarter then me [:D]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts