Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm Looking At Buying Some Interrior Neon Lights For My Focus. I'm Kind Of New To The Whole Car Mod Thing So I Was Hoping Someone Could Direct Me In What To Buy. I'm Looking For Something That Wires To My Battery And Also Has An On/Off Switch. Any Help Could Be Helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
469 Posts
i dont have any tips on install,but i have a 20" OPTX tube on the interior of my car going longways with the body and its about 5 years old and still workin nice.. OPTX is a street glow brand[thumb]

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
im sure CrazyMatt will chime in soon, he has quite a bit of glow going on. ive done it before, but not yet on my focus.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
go to oznium great site and great products... as for install look in the how to's i think theres one in there... i love my 8 cycle led tubes and everything ive got from oznium...

·
Jetsetter
6,654 Posts
^^^ they sell cathode tubes which require less power, last longer, and are much much cheaper about 1/4 of the price of neon

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
^^yeah the led tubes or cathodes are the way to go.. i love mine...

the pic in my photo gallery makes them look aqua but they are really blue... and i jsut added leds to my air vents from them... love the service and order turn around is great!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
i have the led's and i dont really recomend them to anyone for one reason they arnt super bright my old cathodes are way brighter but they got broke so i must get some more soon cause the led's just dont have enough power for being under the dash and seeing them

·
Registered
127 Posts
I prefer individual LED's as opposed to huge neon tubes...they're easier to hide and nobody knows they're there until you turn them on...granted there's more wiring, but it's SUCH a better effect

·
aka The Wizard
8,950 Posts
either way as far as install goes....
id wire them off of the headlight circuit. that way they wont be on all day and they'll only turn on when you turn on your headlights (or parking lights, foglights, w/e) you can always add another switch so that you can turn them off, but if you like the look it's really not necessary....
as long as your comfortable soldering go for it!
and i prefer cold cathodes.....

here's a pic of mine...

and another...

they're a little brighter in real life of course...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts