• Other in this price range? Please post name

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it looks like i'm down to either getting Nitto Neo Gen or Falken ZE512 tires for my new 17" Rota Slipstreams. I have been doing some research but decided to post here as well to find out what you guys thought between the two since there may be some drivers here that have used both or have some feedback on either one. Thanks for any help on the subject.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I voted for the Falkens obviously because I am running a set of my '02 ZX3 right now. I love them, they are very smooth and quiet. Grip is pretty solid and cornering is very predictable.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I am using the Neo Gens...Unfortunately, I have yet to REALLY push them...I have been having suspension problems that will be getting taken care of in 2 days (ABOUT DAMN TIME TOO)...I like the tires and I like the look too...They don't give me any problems...I vote for the Nittos....

·
Registered
122 Posts
I just got, a month or so ago, a set of the General Exclaim UHP's, 215/45/17 and mounted them on a set of ST200 wheels. I love them!!! They stick like glue on dry pavement and the wet traction is outstanding. The only fault that I can find with the General's is IMO the sidewalls are a little too soft. The General's are an outstanding tire for the everyday driver, but I wouldn't even consider putting them on a track. Still, these tires are a real buy!!! BTW, you can get them from tirerack.com.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I have a set of 512s on my New Enkeis I put on. Honestly they are a great tire for the money. I like them better than the Nittos Just based off of cornering ability. They are a great cornering tire for what they are and what you pay. I got them for like 70 something a piece on Tires.com, and really do like them. The BFGoodrich KD's that were posted above are in a totally diff. level of tire. I would be buying Falken Azenis if I was to pay that much a tire. By the way you can get those BFs for like 105 or so a tire on tires.com. And they have free shipping on them all too. Check them out. Hit me upif you have any questions on those tires.

Chris

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
The new Falken 912's are a significant improvement (stiffer sidewalls) over the old 512's and only cost a few bucks more. Falken went out of their way to improve upon what was a fairly decent affordable tire and make it a whole lot better.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I have looked around and the next tires I am getting are going to be the Neo Gens, I just like Nitto ever since my old 89 mustang. The Generals are actually decent too for the price, but I am still going for the Nitto's

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
i just got a new set of rims, already had falken azenis st115's on them, and from what i read they're a pretty good tire. right around $100 a peice, but had to be special ordered...only needed 2 tires though, and wanted to get the rims on the car asap...so they recommended another falken, the ze912 i believe, running those on the front and the azenis on the rear. a little mixed up, lol, but the handling of the ze's seems pretty good. haven't pushed them too hard yet. i think they're the 2 making a little more road noise than i'd like, maybe its the azenis though i've read that they're supposed to be known for the quietness despite being performance. so idk, but the falkens are pretty good as far as handling.

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
just discovered today that the falkens are pretty good and predictable in the rain. and it was a torrential downpour.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'd go for the Neo Gens. First, Nitto has always made a good tire when it comes to performance and style. Second, the Neo Gens have a reineforced sidewall which is great if your Focus is lowered since they last twice as long as other tires on a lowered car cuz of the sidewall strength. Lowered or not Nittos are just a great tire to have.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
go with the falkens, i have them on the back of my car with falken drag radials on the front and i love them.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I have the NeoGens- love them. I bought them because I read the reviews that other on-line purchasers wrote about the various performance tires and the nitto's were the only ones that had "AA" traction, were all weather, and even tho there were more reviews than most of the other tires, had not a single negative comment made about them. They're fantastic so far but I'm not of a mind to push them to their limit out on the street. These are performance tires though- don't expect a lot of mileage out of them. I'm projecting 15-20K tops (minus any clowning around).

AutoX (clowning around) will be getting started soon around these parts and I can't wait to try them. Plus they have a distinctive good look.

·
Registered
308 Posts
You may also want to check these ones out...
$139 per.
i keep coming back to those bf goodrich tires in my search for a summer set but every review i read mentions the noise problem. most of us won't notice because of our exhaust or stereo but the genereal consenous is they're pretty loud. which is too bad, they look amazing :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts