Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, here we go...i've saved up some money to do one of 2 things to my car...either i want to get it lowered or get rims. now i'm not familiar w/ either; i've never lowered a car, so i dont know what to ask for or how to come across on what to order or anything. as for rims, i'm really looking for ones that can be painted black. i want a black on black deal. i'm not a big fan of chrome, so i want to keep myself looking "steathy"...any suggestions?

·
Registered
793 Posts
if you can find wheels that come black, that would be your best bet, any wheel can be painted, so find the one you want and get them painted if they dont come in black, thats what i did, as far as lowering, the cheap way is springs, but after a while, your stock dampers will wear out, so if you have the money get the whole kit from eibach, i believe they have it on www.focusperformance.com

·
Registered
793 Posts
also, make sure the bolt pattern on the wheels you choose is 4x108, and i believe a 42mm offset!!or they wont fit

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
i would go with suspension first...
then with rims..
you dont want to have a big foot...are you?

so get eibach with dampers...
they sell them for arround 300 - 400....
i can recall...
many here have that setup on their cars !

good luck

·
Registered
793 Posts
Lowering kit will be cheaper too, even if you go with expensive springs, ie Tein you're only spending like $350 + install, rims are going to be like around $1000 so thats probably smartest anyway. Im also a huge fan of a nice drop with stock wheels, looks real clean on any car

1 - 7 of 7 Posts