Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i picked up a body kit notto long ago, howeverit not your simple takit on and paint deal, this thing is a fiberglass kit with tone of slop, it needs alot of fitment done to it.

now there are no body shops around us that know a thing about this (they know other things though) so were kidna alone on this, we called the compaine who made it for some quick tips maybe get some help, it was like talking to a stump :p

so i am curious if anyone else here has installed there own fiberglass kit? where kidna debaiting on how we whantto mount it. my father seems to know whats going on, but im still feeling realllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyy lost.

if anyone could post up some help it would be worth TONS! http://www.extremedimensions.com/4550.html
there is the kit i have. again the fitment is horrible every part is going to need tons of work(or so it seems to me) to be mountable.

now i dont want this thread to be about looks, no debating on rice or not. or asking why i got it. i like the look, and that all that matters in that deprament. so please leave opions at the door(even good ones) because im mostly looking for help, when its done, then we can debat about it ;)

much thanks to anyone who can help out!

levi

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
It appears to be a wide body...

Did you only pick up the front bumper? You need to get some fender flares drilled, riveted, and/or fiberglassed, bondo on the car first... then the bumper attaches to the front radiator support, and then to the fender flares. (at least that's my guess)

good luck on the install. It will look really unique if you put a lot of work into it.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
from the sound of his post, its the whole kit..

Phew, looks like a lot of work..

Your starting with straight body lines? Or are you hoping the kit will cover up existing damage? The only reason I ask is your sidebar says your car is totalled?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
LOL yeap, the car is being fixed right now to straiten up the lines, only stuff thats messed up is the front end. jsut the front bumber is trached, everything else looks like new, it was weird wreck.

yes ive got the whole kit. yes its going to be alot of work LOL

so everything but the front bumber is in perfect shape,

the car is "totaled" because it trahed a few of the frma parts, and also the bumber, and tweked a piece of the front frame rail, however it does nt effect the rest of the car, or even its handling!

but yeah

the whole kit is just poor fitment, and im not sure what to do about the mounting brakets, because its wide body, it going to be near impossible to just glass in the old refocment pieces.

*sigh* it is going to be ALOT of work, but im hoping it will turn out.

anyone got any experince???

thank you guys for your replys im just so freaking lost. :( i feel like a little fish in the ocean....

levi

edit: fixed some BADDDDDd spelling/english stuff

·
Registered
420 Posts
an 8 piece body kit?

phew....better off with an eBay body kit for lke 200+100 for shipping

poly is the best type of body kit

·
Registered
420 Posts
and please, don't tell me you paid 1,000 for that?...as the site states?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol no i didnt pay 1k, but it was about 800 after shiiping

i shoped around ALOT for that kit...

and again, im not asking for opions on what i should have done.... im askint for help on installing this thing. cause well like youve all said its a project :)

anyone got any ideas for mounting? cause the stock brakets i dont think are going to cut it, and well *sigh* feeling like that damn fish again. :p

thank you for the suport!

levi

1 - 7 of 7 Posts