Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I decided that I'm going to move my Pioneer head unit, amp, and 10" sub out of my S10 and put it in my Focus. I also have a carputer (mp3 player and a huge hard drive) in the truck, which I intend to move to the car as well.

Just wondering if you guys have any ideas on where I should mount my LCD and keypad. It's a 7.2" LCD screen, a 3" x 5" keypad and the carputer itself. I have a wagon and I was checking out Davydave's install of his sub in the rear and I think I'm going to do somewhat the same.

All ideas will be taken into consideration. Once I get it all installed I'll post some pics.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
LCD and the pioneer aux input adapter finally arrived.... and my power supply died in my BookPC. Project goes back on hold.....

·
Registered
19 Posts
well when you do plan on installing the screen, think about placing it on the cieling, above/next to the interior lights.

out of the way, yet with a slight tilt of the neck perfect view. well unless you sit on the steering wheel~![:)~]

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
whatever you do i'd suggest using fiberglass, with fiberglass you could make it go anywhere, you can have it on the car ceiling, where the cupholders go, glovebox, custom arm rest with the screen in it, or make a custom radio bezel that allows the screen to hang below it below the climate control switches. That's just a few ideas. Good luck.

- Scott

·
Registered
19 Posts
ive also seen it worked from an arm attached to one of the air vents just left of the steering wheel... (or right for the european flavor).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts