1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Yes they fit but slightly stick out. We just installed a set on an '07. You would have trouble if you lowered it very much though. By the way, yes, theyre the real thing. I will suggest this though, the lugnuts they send with them, at least the ones we got are WRONG! Do not use them unless you want to be going down the road and have them fly off. The RS wheels take a special lugnut that has a much greater contact surface. The ones they sent to us made a contact patch on the seat that was less than 1/32" which, needless to say is WAY too little. The lugs thay sent can actually pull through the hol ethats in the rim. If theres any doubt if any of you get a set, take and put a small amount of grease on the contact face of the lugnut and hand tighten it on the rim on the car. Take it back off and see where it made contact. If you have the proper lugnut, you should see it has contacted the face at least 70%.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
By the way, FRPP sells the proper lugnuts for these rims. Part# M-1012-RS

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
b16sir1991 said:
By the way, FRPP sells the proper lugnuts for these rims. Part# M-1012-RS
thanks for the feedback....would I just be better off going with some kind of 17" rim? Maybe one of the SVT style rims (5spoke or 6 spoke) Less problems overall, etc.

·
Oh yeah!
2,522 Posts
You'll have less problems. I can't help but imagine that you'll have to roll your fenders and probably remove the inner wheel well plastic to keep from rubbing with the RS wheels. As sexy as they are, they are also very heavy.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
pfry10 said:
thanks for the feedback....would I just be better off going with some kind of 17" rim? Maybe one of the SVT style rims (5spoke or 6 spoke) Less problems overall, etc.
IMO, that would be your best bet. If you do get a FRPP wheel, the offset on those allow for some decent drops and no rubbing. The EAP/Rally's I know are 49mm offset which keeps it close to hub.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hEaT said:
IMO, that would be your best bet. If you do get a FRPP wheel, the offset on those allow for some decent drops and no rubbing. The EAP/Rally's I know are 49mm offset which keeps it close to hub.
Pardon the NOOB questions, but can you clarify FRPP for me? I plan on adding just lowering springs to my 07 ST because it already has the european tuned suspension and I've heard people say it's a pretty good set-up already. Would like somewhere between a 1.5" to 2" drop with most likely 17x7 rims. Just need to find the best looking ones.

Would also like to add the Steeda Focus Ground effect package. It fits the 2005 ZX4, so has anyone heard whether it would fit the 07 ST?? I'm probably just going to call them and see what they say. Because most websites dont have anything listed yet for the 2007. (JUST CHECKED WITH STEEDA, AND IT WILL FIT.....NOW I'M REALLY GETTING EXCITED FOR MY CAR TO ARRIVE)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts