Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
need ur opinion been upgraded

i got a 00 sedan 2.o w/ transmission swap now 5 spd standard the only way to roll
not to happy with my dyno
129.86 hp @wheels
143.37 [email protected] wheels

mods
cnc ported head
stage II crane cams
diablo sport chip dyno tuned
fc 65mm throttle
ford racing clutch
speed demon coil pack
live wires
ngk irdium plugs @ 67*
advanced timin
shorty headmen header
no cat
magna flow cat back system
focus sport under drive pulley
10:1 compression
block bore 40 over w/ je pistons deep dish
eagle h beam rods
any ideas what else i can do
its turbo ready and nitrous
short ram air intake w/k n
2.5 flex pipe
was expectin more power for the mods
dont know what u think
is the power underrated for the mods or do u think it sounds about right looking for more ideas need more power

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Swap out the shorty header for a race header, that'll add in more HP. In all honestly, you should be pushing alot more HP then that with your mods......

·
Registered
750 Posts
go with a focus sport of older focus central header. I have heard the focus sport allows for much more hp than the svt and focus central.

Focus Sport 4-1

·
Registered
958 Posts
if ur running no cat already then get a race header (4-2-1) or go w the svt header w orp...

imo, u should be running MUCH higher numbers than that

·
FF Bouncer
3,178 Posts
I agree that getting a better header would serve you well. I vote for the SVT Header Swap. I think it would also be beneficial to install some sort of an intake, intake manifold, and adjustible cam gears. I think that you have a lot of horsepower to unleash but you seem to have some flow restrictions you need to take care of and then you will see good numbers on the dyno.

You could also consider a bigger flex pipe, short throw shifter, and vf engineering rear engine mount. It looks like you have a very nice setup to far. Once you get those restrictions taken care of, I think that you will see the numbers you are looking for.

Also, who did your tune? That could also be one of your problems.

Cheers!

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
^^ yeah I didn't even notice that, no aftermarket intake..... this is usually the FIRST mod people do......

I was also wondering that Brad, about the tune as that can make up ALOT of difference, especially with all those mods.

How does the car run?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Differences btw shorty and long w/your mods??? just a change on the dyno graph, won't add more hps just change the place where you get them, short, low rpms, long, hight rpms, if you drive this car all days to your work it would be better to have a shorty than a long.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
are you still running a stock flexpipe? cuz that inside diameter of that is like 1.78 in. that would be a significant bottleneck in your exhaust if thats the case. if i were you, id go cheap, OBX race header with a matching flex prob from truebendz or something. the svt is good, but there is too much to go with it to make it work. PW line, egr replacement and oil dipstick. not worth the hassle for 2-4hp

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
also, there was an ebay ad for a FC intake manifold that'll nicely compliment the Procharger that you're gonna be wanting soon.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yeah no I reccommend race headers and also get your car dyno somewhere, the nubmers you put sound bogus to me..... you should be doing a WHOLE lot more than that.

Oh I noticed you didn't mention if you have performance gears..... and yeah intake manifold will do wonders.....lol.

What is your engine by the way SOHC or DOHC????

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
its a dohc
my dyno is right
its that my motor was built for boost
most people dont under stand the difference between a high compression engine which most of u all assume it is
but in my case its a 10: 1 low compression engine
it can take a 75 shot nitrous and 13lbs of boost together safetly w/ o the worry of blowing pistons or rings
i dont have ajustable timin gears yet but thats next on the list
my dyno numbers are acurate
changed the flex pipe noticed the difference
on a high compression motor u can do at the most 6 lbs of boost or a 40 shot nitrous one or the other but its a high risk still in blowin ur motor

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
ah 10:1 compression is higher than the stock compression ratio? Dished pistons yeild a lower compression and that would explain why your numbers seem low cause like you said the motor is built for boost right. Where in TX are you and camgears will help you greatly. And I would definitly upgrade to a race header just get the MIL eliminator so you check engine light won't come on and don't listen to what was said earlier in the post about the shorty header being better for everyday driving its not good for power production a long tube header does not take low end power away from you check out this link and you will see.

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/projectcars/0110scc_project_ford_focus_zx3_part_2/

they talk about the race header vs. the shorty race header wins

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
lets see if i can make a fool outta myself.

k, when people talk about high/low compression they are usually talking about the static compression of the engine. if you have an engine with 10:1 compression its not normally considered high, high for boost? yes but its a pretty normal compression ratio. Even though you have dished pistons, because of your milled head you have effectively taken away the point of the pistons. U put low compression pistons on a high compression head and effectively negated the effects.

so, what you could do is keep the compression as is, nitrous loves higher compression motors

or you could put a thicker head gasket on the engine to regain the low compression of the dish pistons so that you can run high boost.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts