Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my focus used and need to fix the antenna. It was broken off at the mast head right where it screws into the assembly. If I remove the assembly will I be able to get that piece out or do I need to buy a whole new assembly and mast?

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
Just grab a scrapyard one most of the time you will find the interior and dash guttted which makes it really easy :)

I just bought another 01 focus wagon with the antenna busted off went to the scrapyard paid $10 and was in and out in about 10 min with the whole assembly (antenna, base and cable)

as for the base of the antenna its a one piece ( the bolt that the antenna screws into is actually one piece with the wires soldered and hermetically sealed onto the stub of the base

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
ya swapping the antenna base is very easy. Takes 10 minutes if you are sitting there and not actually doing it lol

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
uhh I was the one who got it.. its a you pull scrapyard they wanted $25 if they pulled it..

as I said most of the focus's there have there interiors stripped and the dash pretty much stripped I never said the actual job putting it on the good car itself was 10 min I said I was in and out of the YARD in 10 min :p

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
It's like a 5 minute job to fix. I think CFM has them new if you for some reason can't find a junkyard to pull one from.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
that's where i got mine^^^

·
Registered
8 Posts
my 2 cents

Don't know if you know, but make sure to pop off the light with a small flatblade screwdriver prior to taking off the trim. When i bought mine the antenna was broken and when i tried to get to the underside i accidently broke the trim off the screws. Is their an LKQ you pull it junkyard around you? I got mine from their for $3.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
I don't think I paid more than $15 for a brand new one from Ford, can't find my receipt right now though.

The trim around the dome light is part # YS4Z13722AAD (grey) and cost me $5.63+tax = $6.00

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did a test run yesterday and removed the light with a flathead screwdriver. I was able to unscrew the base without removing the trim but good to know if I break it! Thanks!

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Make sure you take the correct torx bit to the salvage yard with you.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Sad. I could have sworn there was a howto for this on Focus Hacks.com ... but it might have been on here. And yeah CFM tends to be the best place to get one. Especially if you live all of like 30-45m away. :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts