Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got into a small accident with my 05 focus zx3. I need an inspection sticker ASAP. Im hoping someone knowledgeable can look at my pictures and give me advice as to the bare minimum i would need to repair for a sticker. i dont care how pretty it looks, just need it to be legal. (Im trying to pass MA inspection if that helps)

Summary of damage: The right headlight is pushed in and facing a downward direction. The headlight does still work properly. The right fender is a little bent but seems like i could bang it back to shape. The damage to the hood is a result of opening up on the highway at 65mph after the accident took place. The hood still latches secure, but not necessarily the way it should.

Most important to me is that this car passes for a sticker. I don't think it will the way it is now. please help with advice bare minimum fixes.

·
BACON?
3,170 Posts
secure the light in a, as close to factory position as possible(being broken might make it difficult to secure). Make sure the hood is strongly secured. and do a good once over on the entire car, make sure all the lights work, the suspension is tight, the tires and brakes are good and so on. Most likely they will see the damage then think the car is a POS, then they will check the entire car.

MA inspection is not always that bad depending on your shop. I have had cars pass without parking brakes, blown shocks, missing exhaust, bald tires, dry rotted tires, it all depends on where you go and how the tech is feeling that day.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply! when you say suspension, that worries me a little. my sway links are broken and hanging there. Will those need to be replaced before i can pass?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts