Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem. on plan on lowering my car for in the summer. the only problem is i live in canada and i have seen many ricers draging there bumber behind them. i dont want that.

can anyone recomend a kit perhaps coilovers that would permit me to lower it to what ever i need in the summer and lift it back up to the safe stock hight for winter ?

thank you very much
logan

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I'm pretty sure you are stuck with coilovers... though I don't think a coilover suspension would allow you to go back to stock height (you'd still be lowered). Hopefully someone can chime in and give you the scoop.

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
Any coilover set can give you what you are looking for, however, some are much lower at their highest point then others. You could also swap in and out suspensions, but that would be much more hassle than getting under your car and turning the spring perches.

I would reccommend Gaz coilovers, as I believe at their highest point, they are even higher than stock, but can also go quite low, and are a great price. Talk to Egz, he has them on his car. [thumb]

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
see in canada its very cold. i though about this, with me driving around with the bags full. the cold temperature cause the air to condense make the bags deflate. not to metion if there was mosture in the line it could freeze and spilt.
good idea tho but i dont the the kit i can handle the regular minus 30 C weather we get.

this is tricky
Logan

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
I'm also not too sure about the handling characteristics of air bags vs. coilovers, if that is something that matters to you.

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
^^ And I have heard several reports that it rides terribly.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
whats it like too hard core or sloopy ?
mabe i really dont need to lower my car i could upgrade the shocks and other things like a front and rear sway bars ect that dont effect ride height.

or just get a supra

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
this may seem crazy but it just might work. SVT kit does the svt ide better than a zx3? mabe it will work can anyone whos driven a svt and zx3 can you tell me if there is a significant improvement?

i think i found the answer for the price of 260 or my parent are good friend with the guys at ford muuuuhahahahahah muhahahah muuahahahah.

·
Registered
682 Posts
You have to go coilover, or with an airbag system to be able to adjust your suspension, or you can just throw your stock stuff on there in the winter and your lowering kit in the summer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts