Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
70 100 70 70 : (
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like the title says, i need to know the exact distance between flanges when you install a svt header and keep the zetec flex, im going to mod my svt downpipe to make it a zetec one but i dont have none of the parts here at the moment so id appreciate your help, thanks!

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
I'd give you my exact measurements, but I used an ebay flex and it had to be bent more cause it wasn't fitting, so it wouldn't be exact for your setup. What I did, is install the header, install the flex to the exhaust, and then measured the distance and had a guy at an exhaust shop custom make mine with o2's and all for 50 bucks. Worked out perfect.

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile

·
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats nice! ill tell you my setup, im going to get trubendz zetec flex piping only without their flex section, im going to add a vibrant turboflex i just bought, cut the flange from my downpipe and weld a straight pipe i was going to buy from trubendz, but i was talking with some people who told me it wasnt a straight pipe what was needed? and it would likely not fit there, how long do i need to buy the pipe that would go into that gap? trubendz only sell pipe by ft

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
The distance for mine was less than 14" from end of flange to end of flange. So 2' will be more than enough. You can always keep cutting if its too long, but its awfully hard to make a short pipe long enough!

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile

Reactions: SVTRSST

·
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks!, now the question is, do you think i can use a straight pipe to fill that gap? or does it have some bend that would cause fitment issues?

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
From the svt header to the flex there are no bends. Its a straight 2.5" section of pipe, with o2 provisions. I will try and post pics tomorrow, my sd card isn't reading right now.

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile

·
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
who norcal? if you were talking with me, no, i dont, and since im turbo i do have a tune in hand

thanks man! that would be amazing! please do not forget lol!

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
How the hell are you turbo with an svt header? Or what exactly are you doing? Is the downpipe going to end up right where the svt header flange sits?

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile

·
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my downpipe ends right where the svt header ends, i want to weld a section to my downpipe to convert it to a zetec downpipe

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
Alright, I will see if I can get pics by the end of the day. Sooner if I can get this damn sd card to read in my phone, otherwise it won't let me take pictures.

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile

·
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so its a 100% straight 14~ pipe what needs to be welded there? im about to buy the stuff

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
Yes. I needed zero bends. Sorry my phone is still acting up, and I don't have access to a computer at the moment, to use a regular camera.

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have a trubendz 2.5 flex and am doing the same thing with svt header. My measurements a couple weeks ago came out to flange to flange: top was 11" while the bottom was 12 1/4". Im thinking mine wasnt super straight so i might a small 2.5in flex on the straight pipe. Hope this helps. My problem was that i still cant find the svt header 3 bolt flange to do it myself. Any vendors that carry them that u guys know about?

·
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
why dont you look for another 2 bolt flange instead of the 3bolt one?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Because i have a ceramic coated svt header and dont want to cut off the flange to change to a 2 bolt or standard 3 bolt (which would be better). Id post a pic for u with the distance but i nvr have on here.

·
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
good point! lol i wont have a use for mine but that will be in some weeks

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
I know someone who had a bunch machined, but I don't remember his username, he isn't on here much anymore, and 9 months ago he only had one or two left.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
385 Posts
Thats not a bad idea.. The company i work for makes perfornance clutches and does tons of stuff with machines, ill def talk to my boss. If theres any interest i could potentially have a bunch made for cheap if anybody would be interested...

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
Well that's actually against forum rules unless you get approval from moderators, I said the same thing and had a friend let me know it wasn't allowed. But yea its easy to make, but the gasket costs 27 bucks from ford :-/

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile

1 - 20 of 29 Posts