Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I took my coil off, I dropped it and bent the hell out of a part, and googling the part number I can't find anything about it. The part number is YS4F-18801-AA, what is it, and what does it do? I just replaced my head and two pistons and can't get the car to start and am wondering if that has anything to do with it? It's an SPI engine btw

·
Registered
16,177 Posts
Radio interference suppressor, it's a capacitor that stops coil firings from messing with the stereo reception. They can be left off to mess radio up more but if shorted inside it can most definitely mess with spark. Remove it and try to start car.

Here we go, another SPI rebuild that won't work......................hope you do better than the last couple guys.

Hope you cleaned out the intake manifold, often pieces of the previous blowup end up there and getting engine started sucks them in to blow it up again. As well, there are a couple hoses to intake that commonly get mixed up and then coolant fills the intake up to hydrolock motor and torn up again. Not to mention all the block cylinder wall cracks that get missed when they say it's 'fine'.

Really rolling the dice on those. Most people refuse to admit problems and run them way too much when they should be shut down instantly at any rattle. One more extra minute of running and junk there.

Luck.............

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I've tracked my issue down. After checking that I had spark and compression, I came to the conclusion that the issue must have been fuel. I pulled my fuel rail, and then turned the key to the on position, and only two of the fuel injectors were spraying. So I sprayed starting fluid in to the ports for the fuel injectors on the intake, and the car started up, and ran for a moment before sputtering out as the starting fluid burnt off. It seems weird that my injectors were working fine before I tore the car down, but not working now. After spending a month sitting in the garage, who knows.... Anyways, I ordered new fuel injectors and are keeping my fingers crossed!

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
Wiring checks may be needed, you can start by confirming power to one pin of each injector connector. Lose power to a pair = no operation.

The other side is an intermittent ground connection controlled by the PCM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts