Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the other day a curn took a nice bite out of one of my new wheels. its not that big, probably less than a square inch, but its pretty noticable. is it easy enough to fix myself with touchup paint or no? would any old body shop be able to do it and about how much would it run me? my other choice is if it will cost me alot is buy another wheel and keep this in the trunk instead of the donut. dont kno if this is the right place or not but if anyone could help me thanks.

sorry dont know how to make the picture bigger.

·
Focus Enthusiast
3,002 Posts
lol, I've seen that how-to linked to a million times!

The only caution I'd give is that off the shelf paint might not match 100%

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
I've fixed similar damage with sand-paper and elbow grease. A Dremel would make the job easier. It's never going to be as good as new, but if you're careful with the touch-up job, it will be 100% better.

If it's a chromed wheel.....SOL.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
does anybody know any wheel paints that match our factory wheels by any chance? just hoping someone already did some experimenting.

·
Registered
433 Posts
For small scratches the duplicolor 2 in one for the silver cars. I don't know off the top of my head which on it is, but you can look in the book at the store matches the stock 16" rims pretty well. For a small scratch or nick it'll match good enough.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
For small scratches the duplicolor 2 in one for the silver cars. I don't know off the top of my head which on it is, but you can look in the book at the store matches the stock 16" rims pretty well. For a small scratch or nick it'll match good enough.
great! thanks for the info.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts