Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I tried to install the FS lower front stress bar however I did not have the appropriate tools. I attempted to undo the lower control arm bolt only to discover that it is required to hold the nut on the other side. What I need is the appropriate deep socket and driver, or wrench to hold the nut while I undo the lower control arm bolt. I am not sure about the size but I think it should be around 18mm.

I only need the tools for about an hour or so. A sixpack will be used to express my appreciation!

-Darryl

·
Registered
896 Posts
I wish u were closer, i'd def give u hand.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
I got what you need Darryl. You can stop by house any time to pick them up. I have 1" sockets to make the job a little easier and the wrenches to hold that nut on the top side.

Just don't forget about it like me when I took my control arms off and drove home from Josh's house. I dropped the wrench while hitting the bumps at my place. Glad I didn't loose it on the highway! [eek]

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
Sounds like when I had a socket attached to my rear anti-sway bar. I even went on a canyon run. Came back and swapped rear subframes. When I did the swap I found my missing socket. It held onto the bolt for just over a month.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Just don't forget about it like me when I took my control arms off and drove home from Josh's house. I dropped the wrench while hitting the bumps at my place. Glad I didn't loose it on the highway! [eek]

ha ha ha ha Newbie move!!!

I left a wrench on the alternator bolt back when I used to work at my dads shop when I was like 13!

LMAO No bonus that week![:(!]

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got what you need Darryl. You can stop by house any time to pick them up. I have 1" sockets to make the job a little easier and the wrenches to hold that nut on the top side.

Awesome! Thanks Lee! Can I stop by Friday about 1:00 or so? Oh, and what's your favorite beer (or other beverage)?

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Yeah 1pm is fine. I love being unemployed.... errrr no I don't [:(]

I like Corona... and don't forget the lime LOL. Stop over and I'll help.

·
Registered
162 Posts
dont know if I can help but I live in montclair

hit me up if you need me to help I am in montclair, I may be at F2 for a bit

Attachments

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Yeah notice any difference?

No problem man. Anytime!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Would love an update! I'm getting one soon.. There was actually a guy selling one in socal on FocalJet but he is ignoring me so I'm assuming it's no longer for sale..

How was the install and do you feel any handling differences?

Let us know!!

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
What's up JR! If you're not in FJ's "loop" they'll treat you like an outcast [;)]

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
feels great! the front end feels much more 'tight.' without the stress bar, you really dont notice how sloppy the front end is until you install the bar. the difference is very noticeable it is worth every penny in my opinion.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts