Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering running Ford Racing Lowering Springs. With a .3 and .6 drop I am hoping to get my car a little lower and close to level. I want to keep my factory wheels and tire size for now. These are actually the only factory wheels I like on anything. Anyone running these springs? If so can you post pics? I am putting them on a 2014 SE. Thanks!

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
i was considering the same thing for mine. I'm not sure the springs will fit though without buying the shocks too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear ya. I have been told they are gtg with the factory shocks just with a little stiffer ride, but I am hoping someone running them chimes in. Would like to see the final result with some feedback.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i got the ford racing springs on my focus se hatch. the local shop had a bit of a problem installing them, had the old couch sound and popping noise when turning. had to take it a ford racing dealer to fix that but everything is great. The ride is a bit firmer than stock and it dropped my car .8. I.m running them on stock shocks but considering buying aftermarket shocks just keep going with modding the car.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
That would be awesome thanks. Would love to see a finish product with them before I pull the trigger.
Less then a inch drop, I'd just order them. How low do you want to go?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not wanting to go real low. Just a slight drop and level the rear with the front. Just don't want to get that saggy look.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Not wanting to go real low. Just a slight drop and level the rear with the front. Just don't want to get that saggy look.
Yea the rear needs lower, most spring manufactures use lower springs in the rear. Like for the earlier cars= 2''/ 2.2'' for the sportlines. Plus the way the focus body is designed it gives you the illusion that the front is lower.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i was going to say i use a trip to the corvette museum so you could take a look in person but i work in Minneapolis and live in nash and the car is in Minneapolis... that wouldn't work out too well..

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
i was going to say i use a trip to the corvette museum so you could take a look in person but i work in Minneapolis and live in nash and the car is in Minneapolis... that wouldn't work out too well..
You have a Vette?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
i wish. i just figured just kill two birds with one stone.
You could get one. The C-4's are great machines, you get a lot for the money.

·
Registered
132 Posts
yeah i know, but i think my next car is going to be a old school z
like a 240z or a 260z. just something about them sticks out to me

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
yeah i know, but i think my next car is going to be a old school z
like a 240z or a 260z. just something about them sticks out to me
One of my buddies bought one when we came back from nam. Cool cars but I'm more into the v/8 cars.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's the great thing about mods right? We can do anything we want to them with enough Benjamin's..............

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That helps tremendously. Thank you for taking to the time to show me. Now I know what route I'm taking. Did you have someone in Nashville install them? Sweet ride by the way!

·
Registered
132 Posts
thanks! i love my ride! and no, i had them installed in Minneapolis.
i thinking about getting the full ford racing handing pack. so i might have the springs for sale here in a little while.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts