Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A fairly priced muffler for my 01 Focus with the Zetec engine. I want this basically because I can't really hear the engine at all over my stereo, and I have a sub to put in the car also. This really won't be geared towards performance but more like sound quality.

I am wanting a muffler that will make the car louder but no horribly so. I also do not want the car to sound pingy or ricey. <----- That is my main concern.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
^^^ditto^^^

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks guys. What is the taikpipe width on the Zetec engine?

Also,
This may sound weird but will Flow-Master not sound good on the Focus? My last few projects I have strictly used them and everything has turned out great. Before anyone makes fun of me I'm not use to 4 cylinders though :(. But I love there sound and it seems like the perfect thing if I'm looking for a non-pingy sound. Just gotta keep in mind I am only looking for a muffler and not a full exhaust kit.

Is there a site that tells decibal ratings on each muffler on the market?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Another option, http://www.mbrp.com/main.php?focus. Should work out to about the same price by the time you pay for labour in the muffler shop.
I like Flow-Master too, but the MBRP is the way I'm going to run when I have the cash available.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts