Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i just got my new zx3 for my b-day this summer...Need some help on what to do first to my Focus, like performance not like body kits...I've already installed 6 neon lights inside and an underbdy kit on the outside.Inside i got 2 12"subs by sony, a 1000watt amp by sony and then a new head unit by sony...Everything is red and my car is blue so it's weird. So i need engine parts help like exhaus, intake, and headers etc. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Welcome aboard NewBlue...there are tons of questions similar to this posted on this forum. Just do a search and you can get most of your answer. If you cant find it, let us know what you are interested in and we can help.

Off the top of my head, we've had good feedback on both Volant and Focus Central intakes. For exhaust and headers, check out myfordperformance.com, they offer excellent service and affordable prices.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for repling so quick...I just bought a book on focus performance parts, and i was wondering what kind of exhaust should i get, there is no price range i' lookin for so hwat kind of exhaust and what is the best air intake/short ram/ cold air intake to get?

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
skip the short ram even though its cheap. for exhaust i def say borla. can't get any better.

·
Registered
400 Posts
For me, I have the volant air intake which performs well on cold or hot weather.I have heard the short rams have a little bit of issues in hot weather.For the exhaust, i went with the maganaflow exhaust.Its a low growl and looks very nice too.Will save you about $150.00 from the borla.Dont get me wrong, Borla is nice, but for the performance gains and bang for the buck, I think the magnaflow its worth it!!!!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got the neon kit as a present from a friend, so i mean i'll take a free body kit if it ever comes up, i mean i would like to have a nice body kit, but i would rather start on the performance rather than the looks. Although, i did buy the interior tubes but they were only like 15 dollar a piece on sale at advanced auto one day, so i figured i 'd do the inside as well as teh exterior.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, hey u live in virginia too. do u know where i can purchase performance parts at a store rather than on the internet so i can c what im buying. i know there is a specific shop for focuses in New Market but that's a couple hours away, and i spend my summer in va beah so i'm some what close to newport news.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts