Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so recently i have installed MAC cam gears. i reset them to 0*. everything is at TDC and everything like that. i also installed a FC 65mm throttle body and a steeda SRI with SVT box and snorkle. the car is idling very strange.

when i drive it and i pull the car out of gear to coast it will stay at whatever RPMS i was at last. what is causing this? could the throttle plate be messed up or sticking?

i feel a serious lack of power, the car seems to bog and i am pretty sure it is running rich. what should i do about this? tomorrow i am gonna try re installing the cam gears and everything and see if that helps at all. it is very strange to me that is it doing this. i dont like it one bit.

it is throwing codes and i will figure out what they are tomorrow when it is just idling it is around 1100 with the AC on and around 1300-1400 with the AC off and the car seems to take a long time to return to idle after a quick rev.

does anyone have any answers for this right now? any help would be much appreciated. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
The gears set at 0 degrees is killing your car. try -4 intake and neg 4 exhaust and see if its better. It really needs to be tuned on a dyno to get them just right. But if going neg makes it worse go the other way a little.

The TB are sometimes hard to seal at the base, check for an air leak by spraying some contact cleaner around there, if the idle changes you have an airleak. Take it off and use a SMALL amount of high temp gasket goop on both sides of the gasket.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks ill try that today. thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
It may be redundant but did you pull the negative battery terminal before starting? To reset the ECU?

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea did that.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok so i am a retard and the reason the throttle was all messed up was bc i didnt plug the TPS sensor back in. ok so that is fixed. and i changed the gears to -4* and it made a massive difference. that was what it needed. so hopefully i will pass smog now. the car was running atrociously before and i knew it wouldnt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts