Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking around this part of the forum for a while now, and it seems like most of the people that help others out know alot about this stuff. I'm going to be upgrading my system in a couple months, but I'm not going cheap this time. I want to either run 2 12" Kicker L7's, or 2 13" JL Audio W7. In your opinion what would be the better choice? And what would be good amps to run with these? I beleive both are right around 1500 watts.

Thanks,
JFrye

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Most are going to say the W7's because they are a little better quality. The problem however, is that you HAVE to have teh W7 matched amp, if you don't it won't any harder than a 10" Poineer. [:)] Take it from someone with experience. My co-worker bought a 13" W7 in the high output wedge box and it didn't hit any harder or any cleaner than his 12" Rockford.

My suggestion would be to get the 2 12" Kickers and get a nice amp to push em. I couldn't justify spending the extra money to get the "JL W7 matched amp" (sorry don't know the model #) to push them when the Kicker's will sound almost the same. I have two 12" CVR's and they POUND. I rattled the hinges loose in my Explorer with them. They aren't the best and L7's are even better but Kicker is definately no laughing matter.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
^^^yea he said it all. The w7's are loud as hell...if you have the right amp. If you don't they are a waste of money. So if you really want to spen an ass load go with w7's but honestly the L7's would be better...and they look cooler. Another option would be the solo x. One 18" of that and you would be set.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I'm gonna put a custom fiberglass box where the backseat is now, so I want atleast 2 of what ever I get. I was pretty set on the L7's but thought I would see everyones opinions on the W7's.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
For the amount of extra money you would be spending on the W7's, it wouldn't be worth it. Good choice going with the L7's.

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
I went with a 10" Infinity Bass Link 2 powered subwoofer set up for my system . And for my doors I'm running Alpine SPS-57CS.

I have found out that if you place a single sub just right it will sound like you have 2 and actually be using 1.

So actually it all depends on how much $$ you are willing to spend . If you want to boom go with something ported.

That's my .02 :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts