Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already waxed the car cleaned the carpets and all the good stuff but it needs a car wash. So I thought I would do that tomorrow but I wanted to polish the stocker rims that came on the ST.

I heard great responses about the Eagle One wading polish. For those of you that don't know what the hell it is... it is a can full of like cotton and it's like they poor some greasy polish all over it.

Well I wanted to know what you all think about this stuff. I tried it on a spoke and it REALLY shines it BUT it seems to leave REALLY faint scratches that go the way I am wiping with the towel as if the towel is causing it which I doubt since it is microfiber... I mean would it be becasue this stuff it striping the clear coat that is on the wheel??? If that is the case I will use this and then some really really good polish and really get them shining...

I just need some responses before I clean the car when I wake up...LOL

thanks[thumb]

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
Hmm, does it say safe for clearcoated wheels? I know when I look at wheel polishes there's always a ton of types for all possible wheels... some safe for all, others more selective.

If it doesn't specify it's safe, I'd say maybe it's polishing the CC off? Hard to say... I've never seen this cottony/polish can though, or I haven't noticed it at least.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I must be reading something wrong or missing something?? You say you already waxed the car and now you want to wash it?? I always wash my car then wax it. Have to make sure you get all the dirt off first don't you??

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no the last time I washed it which was about a week ago I waxed it but it got dirty from all the dust and everything so when I wash it today I want to do the rims.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts