Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first off great site. I'm new to the forums. I am a racer at heart and i have a buddy that has a svt focus. I am a die hard ford fan. I own nothing but Fords. I am tired of hearing all these imports talking trash. I am VERY fluent and noligable in the v8 world but when it comes to the Focus, i am very new. We like alot of people i guess, want to get a 12 second pass out of the svtf. What would be needed to accomplish this? Has anyone here done it? The basics of all racing is the same but I am not fluent enough with the performance "power mods" for the focus. What are the best mods with the most gains n/a? We would like to get the SVTF as quick as possible n/a first than spray it. The fastest car down here in the import world is running 12.8's in a honda hatch. I have even considered getting a SVTF myself to prove to these import guys that a domestic can hang with them if not beat them!! All opinions are greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

Joe

·
Registered
456 Posts
Get an lsd(quaife or torsen), a better flywheel and clutch set, 2.5" exhaust shortthrow shifter, chiptune ford racing header, hi-flow cat (if care about emissions), 4.06 final drive gears, cold air intake, you can also go with some stage2 cams, udps, a better flowing intake manifold chat with the others im sure i left out some stuff for the n/a set up or you can beef up the motor a lil bit and put on a vortech theres this guy on streetfire.net the has focus in the 12s. good luck and happy modding! [wrenchin] [race]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info!! So you are from Austin? Im down here in Laredo. I might be getting transferred to Taylor. YEah, i am looking into helping my friend fix his focus to whoop on some import butt. Thanks for the direction you are leading me to! All opinions are welcomed!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
now, without opening the motor up and doing a full rebuild, how much total rwhp can we get with all the bolt ons n/a?

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
scorpio1118_2000:
I think you missed the "SVT Performance Chat" part. [;)]
scorpio1118_2000 said:
ford racing header
The Cosworth designed header that's on our cars is already the best available.
scorpio1118_2000 said:
4.06 final drive gears
Not for the Getrag tranny.
In fact, we have 2 final drives.
2.88:1 for 1, 2, 5, and 6
4.25:1 for 3, 4, and reverse.
scorpio1118_2000 said:
you can also go with some stage2 cams
There are no Stage 2 cams available for these engines.
Only these:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71278
And, one other company in the UK.
scorpio1118_2000 said:
a better flowing intake manifold
Again, not available for these cars.

roostracing:
Good luck getting into the 11's.
Not very likely at all.
(You do have an SVT don't you?
I don't see anything listed in your profile.

The SVTF is not a drag car.
It's purposely designed and built for AutoCrossing and Road Racing.
Lemme find some threads that may help, but at the best, we're talking 13's.
And, that's going to require FI. Either Nitrous, Supercharger, (or combo of both), or more likely, Turbo.
Back in a bit...

Here's a few.
anyone have every bolton available for the SVT?
13 Second SVT
Cheapest, safest way to get 14's????
Why is it that the SVTF isn't a 1/4 mile car?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do have a SVT TRUCK but I do not have a svt focus...my good friend does. I am aiming for 12's if possible not 11's. I thought i heard a couple of people running 11's but maybe that was with a built motor? I appreciate your help. My friends focus went 15.4 a couple of weekends ago. So is 12's likely?

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
so you are looking on running 12's in the TRUCK???? i think everyone is confused... well.. at least i am

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
I'm totally confused now too.[???:)]

Ah ha. I think I see some thread editing. [;)]
Not 11's, but 12's, and it's your friend's SVTF you want to do this with.

Again...good luck...see my earlier post, and read those linked threads. [;)]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry for the confusion...i was asked if i had a svt? I do not own a SVT focus but my friend does. We are trying to get my friends SVT focus to run 12's on the juice. I guess from what i am getting it will be a pretty good challenge!!

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
roostracing said:
I guess from what i am getting it will be a pretty good challenge!!
Yes sir!
But if you do, you'll have all of our respect.[thumb]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts