Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anything i should look for in the zetec focus zx3 in 2002 2003 nodel with the auto trans or anyother info about this car in genereal? thanks in advance Tim[8D]

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
focus019 said:
anything i should look for in the zetec focus zx3 in 2002 2003 nodel with the auto trans or anyother info about this car in genereal? thanks in advance Tim[8D]
I know FOR SURE that your Zetec is not an SPI engine. Other than that, I'm not very helpful. What exactly do you want to know?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
basicly like any problums with these to years and how strong and reliable the engine is? thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
focus019 said:
basicly like any problums with these to years and how strong and reliable the engine is? thanks in advance
Aaahhh...problems. I could tell you nearly every problem that you might have with the SPI, but I'm no help with the Zetec. Sorry. [:(]

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have found our cars to be quite nice but I have heard a lot about people fuel pumps going out but that's it for me. WELCOME! Enjoy your stay!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the welcome, i like the focus zx3 there are nice cars i plainon doin a lot of driving and would want something very reliable is there anything else i should look for like amything pasific with the zetec besides the fuel pump? and how hard is it to do the fuel pump on the zx3? thanks in advance

·
Registered
182 Posts
That's pretty much all I kno of as long you your good to her she'll be good to you. My pump went out at 56k miles.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks, and i do plan on takeing good care of her like i take of all the cars iv been ariund i take care of my dads van and my taurus oil changes tune ups careful driving no burn outs or beating the crap out of it i dont do that kind of stuff but i do plan on takeing good care of her. thanks

·
Registered
170 Posts
Watch for coolant leaks at the thermostat housing on Zetecs.Other than that,they are little rocks.[strongman]

·
Registered
172 Posts
As mentioned before, watch for coolant leaks at the thermostat housing. the ring that holds the gasket in place tends to crack and cause a leak. Its easy to fix and quite cheap too. I replaced my housing with a new one just a few weeks ago (problem was described as above, and I've seen it on other housings), took me just under two hours to do the work and 60$ for the new housing. Other than that, if you keep it well oiled and maintained, I'm positive it'll run as long as you want.

-Honorsystem

1 - 11 of 11 Posts