Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have started working on the performance end of my car I have the show now its the GO,
I have ported my TB, catback Magnaflow, and AEM CAI,
these mods make the car fun to drive.
My question is would a UDP help the car accel faster, I'm thinking of getting some cam gears as well.

I know UDP don't make very much power maybe 1to2hp, I was wondering if it helps to make the car accel faster.

Marco

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
cam gears could add a solid 4whp, the car will rev noticeably faster.

wait til at least your exhaust is done before the cam gears.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
a 65mm tb may help more noticeably than a udp... what are u lookin to spend? udp gives u noticeably more power down low. they are all good mods if u ask me. a header will definately help

·
Registered
481 Posts
im waiting to get my udp. i already have a tb and cai. cant wait to see the results.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ported my tb, but would the 65mm tb make any worth while gains?

Marco

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
ya, bigger butterfly then stock it will definately make a difference. itd be a toss up between udp and tb if it were my car. if u find a used tb then go for it. if not just kick back and wait till one comes a long.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
A toss up???? Come on man the thrttl..Is a huge diff. in the car......BY h.p. its almost nada.But the way the car respondes is HUGE!!!! The udp is a full range mod with almost NO felt gains threwout the band till you let off and your a/c etc... are under powered....come on uero![:(]

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
udp will provide gains throughout the whole power band, so its not as noticeable because it doesnt kick in at a certain rpm range. im just saying the dif between a 65mm and a ported may not be worth the 250 when he doesnt have a udp yet

1 - 11 of 11 Posts