Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my car acted like it ran out of gas and now it will crank over but no go . i checked the fuel lines going into the fuel rail no gas was found but i checked the filter and gas was slowly coming out i changed it with a new one still did not help if any body has a idea what i should check next i would appricate it thanck you . ps i have a supercharger on the car

·
Registered
134 Posts
fuel pump, sounds shot, check for pressure coming out. then check for voltage going to the pump. if you have power you need a pump

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
Just for precaution, check the "inertia switch" to be sure it's not tripped, and that it's working. Just unplug it, turn the key on, and you should see power through a tester connected to both prongs. Check each terminal to ground also just in case the pump failure blocks continuity to ground on the other end. Use a paperclip or some solid copper wire to bridge the two terminals on the connector to make sure that the inertia switch is operating correctly- it usually is, but it's worth checking before going through the motions to replace the pump.

It's extremely unlikely that there is a break in the wiring between the inertia switch and the fuel pump unless you've been cutting into wiring to find power for lighting/stereo mods. In order to check it at the pump, you'd have to remove the fuel tank, which is what you'll have to do in order to replace the fuel pump.

I wish both Ford and GM would take a clue from Japanese manufacturers and put a freaking access panel in the floor for fuel pump replacement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts