Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well the other night i was driving and i went over some tracks, then the car felt strange for a second or two then i saw my check engine light come on. i thought maybe a sensor came lose but i cheked them the next morning and the were all inplace.i just did a complete tune up about a month ago when i got clutch instaled i change oil, plugs, radiator fluid, everything. what could it be what could it be. some one plz help me i dont want to damage anything. any start for cheking points would be great thanx. oh yea another strange thing i went over another set of tracks the same night and for some strange reason my TC came on could that have something to do with it.

THANKS[?|] [???:)] [V]

·
Registered
295 Posts
I'd say head up to Autozone or O'riely's, whatever you local parts store is, and have them use a scan tool to pull the DTC's and that will tell you quite specifically whats going on.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Check your front o2 sensor, make sure it is not bent, or the wires damaged. You may have scraped your header a little while going over the tracks, and it bashes the front o2 sensor into the engine. I have done that with mine a few times.[:(!]

·
Registered
523 Posts
^^^^ I 2nd that.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
tehe said:
oh yea another strange thing i went over another set of tracks the same night and for some strange reason my TC came on could that have something to do with it.
Most likely, they're not related.
Chances are, you did lose traction over the tracks, and it activated the TC.
I see it all the time on the on-ramps to the interstate here.
They've all got "cattle guards" on them.
My TC light will flash when I go over them at...a...let's say..."spirited" rate of acceleration. [;)]

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
My TC light comes on when i don't even feel it brake losse but if your going over bumps and not letting off the gas it will brake traction

1 - 6 of 6 Posts