Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all...I drive a 2003 ford focus 2.0 SPI. Yesterday my girlfriend and I were driving home from North Carolina(to GA). Well I was goin' about 75 and then all of a sudden the car just decelerrated(it dropped down a gear). This is a automatic car. Then a few minutes later it did it again, I then pulled over and stopped where it then stalled. I put it in park and tried to start it back up and could not do it. The engine wants to turn over but will not start. Any help with this is GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks,
Troy

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
did the car throw any codes, check engine light?

info on the car, miles, what matinance has been done, etc..

could be multiple things

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The check engine light is on now...it's got around 93,000 miles on the car. I've changed the fuel filter once, regular oil changes, the ignition has been upgraded along with wires and spark plugs have been changed. It's got a UDP on it as well as a manaflow exhaust and a exhaust manifold. I've also got a Black Diamond TB and a iceman intake.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So after working on my car ALL day I FINALLY found the problem! I replaced the fuel filter and that didn't help! I tried putting my cars tune back to factory and that didn't help. So someone mentioned I should look at the timing belt BC it backfired a couple times. Well it wasn't the belt, it was the tensioner! I don't know what happened to it. The ball barrings that are suppose to be with it are comepletely gone and the metal cilinder( the actual part that touches the belt) was hanging on by a thread. Basically a pulled it right off and took the belt right off. So anyway, I'm buying the new part tomorrow and I would like any advice on this procedure. I have no idea about timing in an engine so any help would be great!

Thanks in advance,
Troy

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
So after working on my car ALL day I FINALLY found the problem! I replaced the fuel filter and that didn't help! I tried putting my cars tune back to factory and that didn't help. So someone mentioned I should look at the timing belt BC it backfired a couple times. Well it wasn't the belt, it was the tensioner! I don't know what happened to it. The ball barrings that are suppose to be with it are comepletely gone and the metal cilinder( the actual part that touches the belt) was hanging on by a thread. Basically a pulled it right off and took the belt right off. So anyway, I'm buying the new part tomorrow and I would like any advice on this procedure. I have no idea about timing in an engine so any help would be great!

Thanks in advance,
Troy

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thanks in advance,
Troy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts